Berlingo Forum
[Brakes] Click from rear when stopping - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: [Brakes] Click from rear when stopping (/thread-9722.html)

Click from rear when stopping - steelviper - 16-05-2014

I noticed a click/ tick noise from the rear brakes ( 11 plate) when coming to a stop. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this

RE: Click from rear when stopping - Grem - 16-07-2014

My car started to make a strange noise when I was cornering. It sounded to me like it was coming from the front, but I asked my son to listen from outside the car and it was the rear brakes. The off side had worn to the metal, while the near side was still ok. Weird - no stuck calliper. Could you have picked up a stone? or has something in the mechanism broken? Are you sure it is from the brakes?
Other thing, my car started clunking when I went into reverse but when I changed the front brakes it stopped.

Just had another thought, you may have something in a tyre which you only hear as a ticking when the wheel is going round slowly. Can you drive the car somewhere very slowly to see if you can hear it before applying the brakes?

RE: Click from rear when stopping - Jed Clampit - 16-07-2014

You Had Your SON on the out side of the berlingo when you were going round corner's you'll get locked up :eek: :whistle:

RE: Click from rear when stopping - Grem - 16-07-2014

Yes, I hung him from the roof bars - cable ties on each wrist and ankle, worked wonders!

Teenage boys do have their uses.

RE: Click from rear when stopping - steelviper - 27-07-2014

(16-07-2014, 05:34 PM)Grem Wrote:  My car started to make a strange noise when I was cornering. It sounded to me like it was coming from the front, but I asked my son to listen from outside the car and it was the rear brakes. The off side had worn to the metal, while the near side was still ok. Weird - no stuck calliper. Could you have picked up a stone? or has something in the mechanism broken? Are you sure it is from the brakes?
Other thing, my car started clunking when I went into reverse but when I changed the front brakes it stopped.

Just had another thought, you may have something in a tyre which you only hear as a ticking when the wheel is going round slowly. Can you drive the car somewhere very slowly to see if you can hear it before applying the brakes?

im not sure I have looked for stones and stuff caught and garage tells me my breaks are alright but I ffited new pads and stuff and its still there

RE: Click from rear when stopping - Grem - 27-07-2014

Have you had a garage check the efficiency of the brakes? An MOT station can do this (should be for very little £ ). If the brakes are up to MOT standard just turn up the radio!

Click from rear when stopping - haulrs - 27-08-2014

Not your earrings in the ash tray?
(That was a vw commercial here)

Sent from my 3geesus using Tapatalk( it's ifail)