Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Citroen got problems
Does anyone know what the heck is going on with  Citroen
I ordered a new Berlingo XTR auto at the end of April, delivery to be end of July. Two weeks before delivery date, I have been told by my dealer that delivery will be mid OCTOBER, no acceptable explanation
I am not happy, 6 months wait for a car is ridiculous IMO.
Has anyone had a similar problem? Anyone why this has happened ?
Strike in Spain? Something to do with the Chinese having bought a big chunk of the PSA group? The Peugeot family is no longer calling the shots. Just guesses but that is a ridiculous situation.

Edit: Googled it and read that Citroen had parts supply problems in March that had affected delivery date of some models made in Spain.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

You can't get up to date brochures etc.Citroen sent me a brochure for the VT,VTR etc but the dealer says These are NLA.I'm  getting a "FEEL"(ooh er missus) without even seeing it. I sent Citroen a message 2 days ago & have heard nothing.

Still haven't heard from Citroen.Customers are obviously not valued.Might cancel order.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
4 to 6 months is normal for some car manufactures especially if you have a factory order and you want extras on it, I was told they have to stop production for the regular models to enable the ordered car to be equipped with the extras that are ordered. It could also be that Citroen are building for the Left hand drive market at the moment.
When the A5 Octavia was launched in 2009 there was a 12 month waiting time on it.

Call Citroen UK and ask.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Thanks for the info Folks. No additional equipment ordered.
I am looking forward to getting my first Berlingo, need it for my mobility scooter.
I still think I should not have been told 3 months when ordering, they probably knew it would be 6
I know that the factories go on shut down for a month during either July or August for the French holidays. I would assume that it effects all the groups factories maybe, not just the French ones?
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6
(22-07-2015, 10:49 PM)jayjay2cv Wrote:  I know that the factories go on shut down for a month during either July or August for the French holidays. I would assume that it effects all the groups factories maybe, not just the French ones?

Why do they need holidays,they're always on strike.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • philip
excatly!! They have always strike
I had to wait 5 months for my Berlingo L2 van with the "look Pack" fitted. I wish I'd been warned by the dealer, and just not fobbed off with lies by them each time I called to ask "where is it?". I'll order 5 months earlier next time!
(22-07-2015, 10:49 PM)jayjay2cv Wrote:  I know that the factories go on shut down for a month during either July or August for the French holidays. I would assume that it effects all the groups factories maybe, not just the French ones?

I know Fiat shut down in July.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart