Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Dealer Diagnostics
Hi, I have a 2007 Berlingo 1.6Hdi Multispace Forte.  Simple enough question I am hoping someone could answer definitively.

My main dealer spent 2 hours and £200 of my hard earned diagnosing a non starting problem.  They came back after 1 hour to tell me the master tech needed another hour to find out which ECU was at fault, the engine ECU or the injector ECU.  Knowing nothing about engines i agreed, and they have come back to me saying its good news, its not the engine ECU ( the most expensive one ), its the injector ECU which they can fix for £1200 ( plus the £200 for diagnostics ).

Could someone with knowledge tell me if this sounds right, and how many ECU's has this thing got?
I would seek out a good indi. That is a lot of cash.
You could drop a pm to lighty on here he is up the road from you, here is his website http://marklightfootltd.co.uk/
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • ron
As tomcat3 said lighty know's what he's doing  Wink
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Some more info...the part in question is an injection ecu - part number 1940cc. Does this sound like £1200 worth of work? Any further info would be greatly appreciated.
Have a look at this gives some idea of price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEO...0996213650
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
(24-09-2015, 06:53 PM)Trevor Wrote:  Have a look at this gives some idea of price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-PEUGEO...0996213650

Thanks, but my issue is that the main dealer told me that it wasnt the main ECU, it is the injection ECU.  They even phoned me up to tell me the master technician wanted another hour ( and another £100 ) to determine if it was the injection ECU or the main ECU. The dealer was very specific about this, and went as far as to say that to replace the injection ECU would cost £1200, and it would have been even more expensive to replace the main ECU.  I have asked them to provide part numbers for both ECU's because as far as I know there is only one ECU on this vehicle. 

Is anyone able to tell me if there is a main ECU AND an injection ECU?
As far as I understand there is only the one ecu and a bsi unit near the fusebox in the car. The ecu controls all engine functions but someone with more knowledge may be able to help. Have you tried Mark Lightfoot as mentioned in post 3.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Update.....the main dealer are refusing to provide a copy of the diagnostic report saying they cannot find it, and are saying the Master Tech who did the report has left the company. What are the odds eh? They apologised and have offered to refund my £200, or I can pay for it to be towed 20 miles down the road for a free 2 hour diagnostic test. Do you think I should let this main dealer off the hook so they can try to rip other people off or make an example of them and take court action?
(29-09-2015, 04:48 PM)GoBerlin Wrote:  Update.....the main dealer are refusing to provide a copy of the diagnostic report saying they cannot find it, and are saying the Master Tech who did the report has left the company.  What are the odds eh?  They apologised and have offered to refund my £200, or I can pay for it to be towed 20 miles down the road for a free 2 hour diagnostic test.  Do you think I should let this main dealer off the hook so they can try to rip other people off or make an example of them and take court action?

I would contact Citroen to look into it.They can't want dodgy dealers,can they?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy