Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condensation droplets on the unside of the roof?
noticed this morning several condenation droplets inthe back of the van, is this normal?

wondering if its from when it was washed as they really had to clean it up as roof was green on top ect..

thanks
Odd on It's just Condensation you need to get the van roof and side's lined check the rear door seal's
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

It is perfectly normal
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
When I had a van I used to leave the heater vents  open.That helped a lot but on really damp days you'll get it.You can buy gel packs that might help.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
My big van, Citroen relay, is like a shower in the back at the moment LOL
(04-01-2016, 05:25 PM)polar Wrote:  My big van, Citroen relay, is like a shower in the back at the moment LOL
As opposed to the right shower on the front seats? Big Grin
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
My van sides are lined with ply..but not the roof..yet...I dont get any condensation..now that may be because I have re-useable condensation pouches in my cars and van...they were £5 each from ASDA and they work a treat..when they turn either Blue or Pink you just pop them in the microwave for 5 mins and they are good to go again...a little food for thought...I dont yet know what is behind the ply in my van..but my intention is to strip it out and put a bubble wrap foil coated insulation behind it but only fastened to the ply and not the van sides as is recommended on the rolls...Ive used this stuff in my workshop and it is very good and deadens the sound quite a bit..so Im assuming it would do the same in the van...I got my last lot from Screwfix at £20 per roll (6mtr x 1mtr)....Im sure one of the more knowledgable lads will correct me if Im wrong anywhere...just a thought that may help you...
Steve...
Get some roof lining fabric and spray glue it to the roof, it cured my mate's Land Rover condensation and it looks like it's always been there.
So where does this bit go then ?
That works ^^^ but if you want to gild the lilly without breaking the bank apply thin underlay / carpet tiles before fitting the roof lining fabric, I once used this to great effect on a hard top Land Rover that used to have an affinity with dew point and liked nothing better than to rain. It has the benefit of helping with noise too !
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
(04-01-2016, 05:25 PM)polar Wrote:  My big van, Citroen relay, is like a shower in the back at the moment LOL

(04-01-2016, 05:29 PM)ron Wrote:  
As opposed to the right shower on the front seats? Big Grin

Thanks Ron  Tongue
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post:
  • ron