Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eolys Bag leaking
Hello the wise and beautiful (creep ) Wink my Eolys bag or tank is leaking not from the push fit looking at it how hard is it to take the bag out of the case to look at it is the any fitting on the inside that mite leak or is it a new bag £££ i can get it on the ramp's this weekend .
Thanks Jed.
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Hello again fellow member i just been on youtube i can see it's not a bag any more it's a tank i will take it off over the week end  just hoping it a push fitting not fully fitted and not the tank leaking  Angel i will keep up to date .

I must be getting good i can answer my own questions . Big Grin

Strange for a tank to leak, as you say, maybe it's a push connector that's leaking.
Keep us informed Smile
If the tank is leaking you can fix it by this tutorial:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-P...Fuel-Tank/

Just find correct plastic. From the color it seems PP plastic.
But it can be white PE.

Best regards,
brajomobil
had the same problem inside plastic container is a bag winch leaks due to high temperature i.o.w summer its visible as a connector leak but it is inside there are more models of the tank beware.
The bag is supposed to last about 80k miles but mine started leaking & had to be replaced at 70k miles. About £140 at my local Cit garage.
There are 2 versions of the container for the EOLYS fluid in the B9 models: one with a plastic bag inside (the older version), and the most recent one, without plastic bag, just a black plastic tank. From what I have heard, the plastic bag is a pain to get refiled (I would not know), so better think on buying a new one already filled if this is your case...In case you have one of the later tanks without the plastic bag, then the additive fill ups are available in 1L or 3L volumes (1L is enough for one filling, 80000km, but buying 3L is much less expensive per L). And of course, if the tank is ruptured, buying a new tank seems like the better option.
PS: don´t go buying the additive without knowing exactly what kind of tank and additive you need to buy...I did this and I was lucky, because if I had a plastic bag tank or a different additive, It would have been a costly pain.
Cheers
Hi Fellow member's just an update i thought it was a tank  but it is a bag that was leaking what ever you do wear glove's when doing this i did not my hand looked like i was on 100 cig's a day Sad messy stuff week end no chance of getting an new bag of Eolys so couldn't drive the Berlingo but then had a brainwave if i could get a small container to put what was left of the Eolys in cannibalize the push fitting and some silicone hose drilled a hole in the top of the container put the push fitting on the end of the silicone hose the other end in to the container refitted it hey presto it worked Smile lucky i spotted it before it ran out an gone it to limp mode .
Now the bad bit a new bag of Eloys from Citroen £ 170.34 F**king hell Angry but i had to have it but he did tell tell me they were under a new part number because the old one's were prone to leak so told him i was going to write to Citroen to see if i can get some redress only 36'000 mile's full main dealer service history with interim as well Eolys  should last 80'000 mile's has anyone got Citroen UK email address .
Thank's for your reply's Smile
Jed

(16-08-2016, 09:12 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hi Fellow member's just an update i thought it was a tank  but it is a bag that was leaking what ever you do wear glove's when doing this i did not my hand looked like i was on 100 cig's a day Sad messy stuff week end no chance of getting an new bag of Eolys so couldn't drive the Berlingo but then had a brainwave if i could get a small container to put what was left of the Eolys in cannibalize the push fitting and some silicone hose drilled a hole in the top of the container put the push fitting on the end of the silicone hose the other end in to the container refitted it hey presto it worked Smile lucky i spotted it before it ran out an gone it to limp mode .
Now the bad bit a new bag of Eloys from Citroen £ 170.34 F**king hell Angry but i had to have it but he did tell tell me they were under a new part number because the old one's were prone to leak so told him i was going to write to Citroen to see if i can get some redress only 36'000 mile's full main dealer service history with interim as well Eolys  should last 80'000 mile's has anyone got Citroen UK email address .
Jed
Hi Jed.Go to their website & click the "contact us" box.That's how I got my missing tray sorted.Good luck.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(16-08-2016, 09:39 PM)ron Wrote:  
(16-08-2016, 09:12 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hi Fellow member's just an update i thought it was a tank  but it is a bag that was leaking what ever you do wear glove's when doing this i did not my hand looked like i was on 100 cig's a day Sad messy stuff week end no chance of getting an new bag of Eolys so couldn't drive the Berlingo but then had a brainwave if i could get a small container to put what was left of the Eolys in cannibalize the push fitting and some silicone hose drilled a hole in the top of the container put the push fitting on the end of the silicone hose the other end in to the container refitted it hey presto it worked Smile lucky i spotted it before it ran out an gone it to limp mode .
Jed
Hi Jed.Go to their website & click the "contact us" box.That's how I got my missing tray sorted.Good luck.

Oh, and you can drive the car without the bag fitted...you just cannot refuel (because then you would be using non additivated diesel). If when this happened you had enough diesel in the tank then you are ok to drive around until you finish it. The system will not know about the rupture, nor it will measure the level of additive. It only warns you when the BSI additive counter has reached near 0 (and this one just counts miles you have made since last reset, and diesel tanks you have filled) Limp mode will only come around if you use non additivated diesel and then clog the dpf irreversibly. Now that you will install a new, full bag, you will also have to reset the BSI counter - you will now have enough additive for some more 80000km. And after fitting the new bag, I would also open the fuel cap once or twice in different moments, fueling only half tanks, or even less diesel, so that the additive line that goes to the injector in the diesel tank gets purged of air that got inside in the meantime. This is if you are thinking on doing it by yourself, of course. If you take it to a mechanic or a citroen workshop, they will do all of this, normally.

The chemical inside is extremely basic (the opposite of acid) and contains a lot of iron and some other organic solvents. Wash your hands immediately with plenty of running water on contact with your skin. Avoiding the contact with the skin is better. Use nitrile gloves.