Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires
YHello everyone 
I am a new owner of a berlingo van on a 13 plate.
I have become aware to my horror that there is an issue as to regards to a design fault that affects how the tires Wear out, especially the outside rim of the rubber.
I know it's probably been talked about to death on here but has this been solved conclusively because I have a van outside with those issues that at the time when buying I didn't think anything of it, thinking it was an easy fix at a local garage, looking at other web searchs it looks like it's going to never get solved and cost a lot in money changing tires every 20 thousand miles!
I would appreciate any advice, I was looking forward to possible doing lots of miles making a camper van of sorts visiting family and friends around the uk, a bit freedom from it all.
As in 20 thousand miles changing all four tires rears should last double that under my understanding, p.s I don't understand why I wrote YHello, I am not from America? iPhone typos or my fat sausage fingers  Tongue
Hello Madhouse welcome to the forum good to have you with us yo'll fit right in sorry to say some have this problem if you put air pressure on the higher side they say with a loaded van this mite help but people with this problem have said it's the real axle has been welded together in the jig wrong and live with it .
Citroen will tell you there isn't any thing wrong their Customer care sucks that an under statement  i'm dealing with them  at the moment iv'e never had such poor service you get a better result talking to your self this is why the French government / Chinese have to prop them up.
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Oh well looks like I am going to have to work something out myself, it's shame that they don't value a good reputation.
Yeah I run empty most of the time, it's a shame that the van has such a fault as I love to drive it, it's such a school boy error type af problem, if they admitted it I would buy the modification! 
Thanks for the reply.
Absolute ball-ache, honestly!
It reminds me of a washing machine I had that went up in flames in my house.
The forensic electrician came out and said he has a warehouse full of this brand that has went up and destroyed homes.
I said but what about the risk to lives and property, he said the companies don't care most of the time the machine is burnt beyond proof of evidence and if like mine it gets put out so it's blatantly the cause they would rather pay the compensation whatever the cost if one of the machines go up than recall thousands of machines and lose reputation because most people won't complain if they get a new kitchen!
I got vertualy a new house interior no questions asked because of the washing machine but they didn't admit liability or accept responsibility, but sombody knew in that company that they had ticking time bombs, essentially incendiary devices.
Sombody must know at Citroen that the suspension is pony and is saying nowt!
(24-08-2016, 07:41 PM)Madhouse Wrote:  As in 20 thousand miles changing all four tires rears should last double that under my understanding, p.s I don't understand why I wrote YHello, I am not from America? iPhone typos or my fat sausage fingers  Tongue

Well he wrote tires not tyres so he might be American  Big Grin   Can't help you with the tyres but I'd buy a cheap set and get the tracking sorted till the wear is evened out then find the settings and write them down.
So where does this bit go then ?
I am not amercican mate just thick as mince, honestly if this thing didn't spell check you would think I was amercan mate.
Yeah sounds like a plan, cheap tyres, get tracking sorted, if it an be sorted, if could be sorted we wouldn't be having the issues this design has .
I would be happy to get 20,000 out of my tryes, I'm lucky to get 15,000,
I've just tipped 21,000 in my 65 plate van and the tyres on the front are looking like they may have a couple of thousand miles left in them but thats all. I run empty most of the time due to commuting and the rear tyres still look good as new.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
(25-08-2016, 09:29 AM)Johny555 Wrote:  I would be happy to get 20,000 out of my tryes, I'm lucky to get 15,000,

That's rubbish if you are only managing 15,000, it's a shame that mate, my problem isn't that the van eats the rubber, it's the uneven tyre wear that gets my goat!