Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Door handle
I have a 2004 multispace and my son has been too rough with the back sliding door and the handle is now all flopping and not opening and closing.

Does anyone know what the fix is and how to do it?
Cannot help directly but ...........

Amputation would prevent the problem recurring .... any knife or cutting implement will suffice and the blunter the better to accentuate the pain ...
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
I have taken the panel off and had a look behind. The mechanism is ok but the handle itself is bust, so looks like I need a new one from flebay.
It appears to be the pin that has snapped inside the handle. There are a few posts from years ago on here explaining the repair.

New pin from Ebay £2 so if it sorts it, all well and good as a scrap full handle in the right colour of Ebay is £25
(19-09-2016, 07:27 AM)tucker Wrote:  It appears to be the pin that has snapped inside the handle. There are a few posts from years ago on here explaining the repair.

New pin from Ebay £2 so if it sorts it, all well and good as a scrap full handle in the right colour of Ebay is £25

From the amount of people selling these on flebay, it looks like a fairly common problem. Let us know how it goes?
I removed the handle after peeling back the door card and made sure I took a couple of photo's of the rather complicated looking rod and pulley system within the door.

Once the handle was off I dismantled and re-built it with the new pin and it all went back together fine.

I oiled everything while I was there as the handle had a habit of sticking. It all works and a cheap £2 repair!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tucker for this post:
  • oldandslow1
(27-09-2016, 07:12 AM)tucker Wrote:  I removed the handle after peeling back the door card and made sure I took a couple of photo's of the rather complicated looking rod and pulley system within the door.

Once the handle was off I dismantled and re-built it with the new pin and it all went back together fine.

I oiled everything while I was there as the handle had a habit of sticking. It all works and a cheap £2 repair!

Yep, worked for me too.  The pin was broken in two places.  The hardest part was getting the plastic off the door.  I initially  forget there are two screws behind the elbow rest ---which comes off easily if you use a plastic lever.