Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Clock & Radio problems
2003 Well loved Berlingo 2.0 HDI 172K+ miles. Radio will not go off. Central console clock does not move except when left hnd control is pressed - sets current time then says there. No open door display. Can change station on radio but signal comes and goes. Other than this car seems to be going OK. Any ideas anyone?Sad
Yes. We have an idea - disconnect battery for 10-15 minutes and then connect again.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pk7478 for this post:
  • ianrob99
Battery ended up flat. Called for some help and installed new battery. Everything seems to be back to normal. Got message "REG OFF" when put radio on first time but switches on/off and changes station OK now and no signal coming and going. Really wonder what upset it?
Apparently you can switch on/off regional seek on RDS by holding the RDS button till you see REG ON/OFF displayed. Will try this isn the morning.
"REG OFF" Means that the radio is not scanning for regional radio stations, or stronger signal variants of national radio stations.

The rest is just "common" Citroen/Peugeot BSI nonsense......... a power down seems to have fixed it though?
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
(10-10-2011, 04:14 PM)ianrob99 Wrote:  2003 Well loved Berlingo 2.0 HDI 172K+ miles.  Radio will not go off.  Central console clock does not move except when left hnd control is pressed - sets current time then says there.  No open door display.  Can change station on radio but signal comes and goes.  Other than this car seems to be going OK. Any ideas anyone?Sad
I am new to this forum and not sure if this is the correct method of asking for help?
I also have a 2003 with a radio display problem, the display does work but is so feint you cannot read it. It is a second hand unit, very occasionally the display works correctly then fades away. I have tried the connections which seem ok. I would appreciate any suggestions to cure the problem.
The car is a 1.6 petrol/LPG, it has done nearly 250K miles.  It is such a useful vehicle, I want to keep it but miss the radio which does work despite the display problem which prevents full use.   Thanks in advance for any contribution.
Welcome.

Others have had the problem you describe so you're not alone. Have a search around for 'MFD' or 'display'. I think that @saskak has a thread on this somewhere...
(13-12-2022, 02:49 PM)cancunia Wrote:  Welcome.

Others have had the problem you describe so you're not alone. Have a search around for 'MFD' or 'display'. I think that @saskak has a thread on this somewhere...

This is very typical problem for the 3-line red/orange multifunction display. You could buy a second hand 3-line GREEN MFD and that does not suffer from these heat-related problems. If you want you can also turn the green one into an orange MFD, here: https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-7997.html
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules