Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
picture of new Berlingo
I don't know what I'm doing but hopefully there a picture of my new Berlingo. It is semi- auto in that you select auto and it drives like an auto but unlike other auto's it has the normal gearbox (6 speed) with a normal clutch operated by means other than your left foot. It has a manual setting with paddles on the steering wheel but I leave it in auto. That, coupled with a sat nav beats driving through Amsterdam with a street map on your lap , and shuddering along in top gear at three miles an hour because you don't know where you are and you've got a belgian truck up your tailpipe.
tintin
( I think I'm doing something wrong as nothing happens when I press " insert into post" even though there is a picture showing.Tinypic is not doing it's job )
(23-11-2011, 12:08 AM)tintin Wrote:  I don't know what I'm doing but hopefully there a picture of my new Berlingo. It is semi- auto in that you select auto and it drives like an auto but unlike other auto's it has the normal gearbox (6 speed) with a normal clutch operated by means other than your left foot. It has a manual setting with paddles on the steering wheel but I leave it in auto. That, coupled with a sat nav beats driving through Amsterdam with a street map on your lap , and shuddering along in top gear at three miles an hour because you don't know where you are and you've got a belgian truck up your tailpipe.
tintin
( I think I'm doing something wrong as nothing happens when I press " insert into post" even though there is a picture showing.Tinypic is not doing it's job )

Hi, hope you enjoy the semi-auto, i find it a lot easier too. Sorry but no picture yet.

Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • tintin
Hi TinTin! Here's a link to a post on how to post an image:

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/misc.php?...help&hid=8

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post:
  • tintin
(23-11-2011, 01:28 AM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Hi TinTin! Here's a link to a post on how to post an image:

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/misc.php?...help&hid=8

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

Thanks OJ, definitely my pal for knowing the docs.

Op, follow the info and it should help you out!

Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Andre for this post:
  • tintin
Has the semi auto got a clutch?
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(23-11-2011, 09:42 AM)philip Wrote:  Has the semi auto got a clutch?

Yes. Please, read this post:
http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1452

hi Philip,

Yes it has, but no clutch pedal. The clutch operates by electronic/electric/mechanical means - solenoids,servomotors ,I don't know exactly but I had two campervans , which had similar systems - Sprintshift on a Merc and Tipronic on a Volkswagen. I never used them in their manual mode i.e shifting up and down the gears by means of two paddles on the steering wheel (same as my Berlingo) because the auto knew exactly when to change gear and ,in fact, I found it to be the most economical mode as well as being more relaxing to drive.
tintin
(23-11-2011, 12:23 PM)tintin Wrote:  

hi Philip,

Yes it has, but no clutch pedal. The clutch operates by electronic/electric/mechanical means - solenoids,servomotors ,I don't know exactly but I had two campervans , which had similar systems - Sprintshift on a Merc and Tipronic on a Volkswagen. I never used them in their manual mode i.e shifting up and down the gears by means of two paddles on the steering wheel (same as my Berlingo) because the auto knew exactly when to change gear and ,in fact, I found it to be the most economical mode as well as being more relaxing to drive.
tintin
OK im with you know, its the same idea as VW and Skoda auto boxes. They say you don't use as much fuel as the conventional auto box.
picture of new van[Image: 2n21j5v.jpg]
Could you or someone else post a pic of the dash set up where the gear stick normally is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk