Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Broken horn
I bought MK2 berlingo 2 weeks ago, but seller was not honest and he hid some car damages and problems. The most important problem is lack of horn Sad
I checked fuse but it is fine. I tried to localize horn module (unit with speaker) to trace cable but I couldn't found it. So my question is where it is located ???
Sorry to hear your troubles, happens to us all at some point.

Read this thread here, lots of good relevant information for you http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=269

Check your fuse too, might be a simpler fix.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

When it came to changing my OEM horn I elected to leave the old horn in situ and break into the loom about six inches ( 15cm ) outside the fuse box in the engine compartment.
The positive wire (Orange) now connects to the relay required to fit a slightly larger and much louder Stebel Nautilus. The negative side of the relay is earthed.
For convenience you can use the same earth point for the horn as well.
DO NOT attempt to use the green/yellow as it is a Canbus wire. (I did and had all sort of weird and wonderful things happening!)
The Nautilus is fixed with just one bolt and I have found a spare hole in the n/s in which to fix it.
The actual supply to the horn is taken via a 20 amp in-line fuse from the fuse box common positive which is a large gauge red cable. The extra wiring protected by some nylon 'cable wrap'.
http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&k=...EB11690019
The bumper is big and quite heavy and removing it by yourself is fraught with the risk of scratching its paintwork. You will need to unmount the high current fuse box (PSF?), air hose and the plastic plate this is
mounted to. Took me about an hour and I got all of the connectors and extra wiring from Hellfrauds. The Nautilus I bought from Hellfrauds but I can no longer see it on their website.
For an account of all the fun and games I had see this link:

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...210&page=2
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post:
  • 3rensho, 3rensho
Quote:I have found a spare hole in the n/s in which to fix it.

I bought the same horn and have yet to mount it. What is the n/s?? Where is the Strebel mounted? Many thanks for your description.!!!
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(29-11-2011, 05:07 PM)3rensho Wrote:  
Quote:I have found a spare hole in the n/s in which to fix it.

Where is the Strebel mounted?

Hallo Tom.
Was ist Strebel?
Hello PK, it is this brand of horn. I have this model too. Go to http://www.strebel.it for their complete line of noise makers.

(30-11-2011, 05:37 AM)3rensho Wrote:  Hello PK, it is this brand of horn. I have this model too. Go to http://www.stebel.it for their complete line of noise makers.

Ummm Tom........It's Stebel!Smile

'Kay! Ah yes I forgot that you originate in the US where almost every part of a vehicle has a different name from our usual English one!
The n/s is a unique British way of saying left side and stands for nearside, as we drive on the left. (The right side is the offside (o/s) )
Beneath the fusebox under the bonnet/hood on the left side there is some steel superstructure that supports the bodywork this has a few unused holes.
Just pick a suitable one low down and mount the horn to it. I'll see if i can post a piccie or two if you would like.:thumbsup:

The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Aha, thanks for the clarification (translation). We just use "drivers side" and "passengers side" and I never would have made head nor tails out of near side or off side. The strebel was a typo. I've got 10 thumbs when it comes to a keyboard and yes, I have a new prescription for my bifocals Big Grin Thanks again

Tom