Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
1.4 Forte Multispace Washers dead!
Wink 
Can anyone help? I have a 2001 1.4 Forte Multispace and the washers for the wipers are dead.
Read some threads in here and heard about checking the fuses but can't see which one it would be.
Have read some threads saying under the bonnet, others say uder dashboard drivers side. 5A or 10A nobody seems sure.
Can anyone tell me where the fuse for the washers would be (in simple terms as I can't see them numbered).
Sorry to have to ask but would appreciate the help of someone who's had this and can point me in the right direction.
If you can help I'd be grateful.
Cheers
Daft question but are you sure they are not just frozen up???
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(11-02-2012, 05:09 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  Daft question but are you sure they are not just frozen up???

Appreciate thought, the fluid is >60% winter concentrate and not frozen. In sun today and sheltered from chill of wind.
Been like this a week and no noise from the motor hence wonder if fuse issue.
Wipers still work so think the stalk is ok on the steering wheel.
Cheers
Try putting the wipers on then pull back the stalk mine have a bit of a problem sometimes. Its been in for inspection but cant fault anything.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(11-02-2012, 04:30 PM)GoodasGold Wrote:  Can anyone help? I have a 2001 1.4 Forte Multispace and the washers for the wipers are dead.
Read some threads in here and heard about checking the fuses but can't see which one it would be.
Have read some threads saying under the bonnet, others say uder dashboard drivers side. 5A or 10A nobody seems sure.
Can anyone tell me where the fuse for the washers would be (in simple terms as I can't see them numbered).
Sorry to have to ask but would appreciate the help of someone who's had this and can point me in the right direction.
If you can help I'd be grateful.
Cheers

On the Mk2 the fuse box you want is by the battery under the bonnet, (I see no reason why it would be elsewhere on the Mk1)
I cannot recall which number fuse it is, I think it's either 7 or 13
Could possibly be the pump had to replace one other week on a Peugeot partner was about 12 quid from dealer
Hi, There are 2 fuse boxes. 1 in engine bay and other behind panel under streering column. Acording to Haynes manual the wipe/wash is the 25amp fuse FB. The owners manual should show which one.
Griff
Landmark
Ex 1.4 Berlingo Multispace
My vote is for the pump itself. Is located up, and to the right, above offside wheelarch liner. Is easy to change and costs about 14 quid I think. Is a common fault.

Is worth checking all fuses with a test lamp though, would only take 10 minutes??
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
(12-02-2012, 02:19 PM)Landmark Wrote:  Hi, There are 2 fuse boxes. 1 in engine bay and other behind panel under streering column. Acording to Haynes manual the wipe/wash is the 25amp fuse FB. The owners manual should show which one.
Griff

Thanks Landmark - sorry but don't have the Owners Manual but do have a Haynes Manual.

In the Haynes there is no mention of the Washer fuse - both the Front and Rear Motors work.

Think I'll have to get an Owners Manual to direct me to the fuse in question.

Can't see a 25A fuse listed in the Fuse Table on Section 12.20 of Haynes Manual - if you can check the Owners Manual culd you confirm layout please?

Cheers
(13-02-2012, 07:21 PM)GoodasGold Wrote:  
(12-02-2012, 02:19 PM)Landmark Wrote:  Hi, There are 2 fuse boxes. 1 in engine bay and other behind panel under streering column. Acording to Haynes manual the wipe/wash is the 25amp fuse FB. The owners manual should show which one.
Griff

Thanks Landmark - sorry but don't have the Owners Manual but do have a Haynes Manual.

In the Haynes there is no mention of the Washer fuse - both the Front and Rear Motors work.

Think I'll have to get an Owners Manual to direct me to the fuse in question.

Can't see a 25A fuse listed in the Fuse Table on Section 12.20 of Haynes Manual - if you can check the Owners Manual culd you confirm layout please?

Cheers

Front and rear motors work? do you mean you can hear the pump working?