Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
90 or 115?
Can I pick the brains of those who have drove both - is it worth paying the extra for the 115 version? Is the 90 a bit underpowered?
I wouldn't say the 90 is underpowered really. I have the super slow 1.9D van and that has more than enough power to transport my tools and materials around.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to digger181166 for this post:
  • Audaxjoe
I guess you are talking about the 1.6hdi 90 or 115 if you are the bigger one will always be better. Although I would test drive one for a few miles and also include a motorway jaunt if you can on a nice windy day.

You might then want to look else where then...................... If mine is anything to go by. I had a T5 before this and the Berlingo is terrible in windy/blustery conditions and is so fidgety it really makes me nervous. Horrid horrid car!!!!!

In fact I am getting rid of the car as soon as I can for yes you guessed right another T5.
(02-12-2012, 12:56 PM)Muppet1 Wrote:  I guess you are talking about the 1.6hdi 90 or 115 if you are the bigger one will always be better. Although I would test drive one for a few miles and also include a motorway jaunt if you can on a nice windy day.

You might then want to look else where then...................... If mine is anything to go by. I had a T5 before this and the Berlingo is terrible in windy/blustery conditions and is so fidgety it really makes me nervous. Horrid horrid car!!!!!

In fact I am getting rid of the car as soon as I can for yes you guessed right another T5.

T5 as in Volvo Estate? I don't think it would it my bike in standing up....
No Sorry a VW Transporter Van.
The 75 is adequate for my van lugging around stuff so a 90 would be great.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to evdama for this post:
  • Audaxjoe
t4 t5 just as bad as berlingo in winds, in my experience, as for 90 or 115, the 90 is better for short journeys, around town as it doesnt have to be cleaned [ sommat to do with particulate in 105 / 115, ] which blocks up on short journeys. there has been many posts before on this. Thats why going up and down 1000ft mountain, 4 times a day, around town and only long journeys of over 30 dual carriageway miles [ occassionaly] I went for 90, sadly I would have liked stiffened suspension of 115 for my track but vtr copes very well. Not sure if this problem has been cured in newer models, mines 2010.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post:
  • Audaxjoe
I have a 90, and don't find it under powered, in fact find it quite spritly after my old 1.4 petrol. Even 4 up with luggage seems to be ok. if looking around don't forget the pug tepee, as the specs do vary. I found a near new tepee with the right spec for me, alot cheaper than an equivilent berlingo. Good luck.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to andylobb for this post:
  • Audaxjoe
I'm off to take one for a test drive - Perry's of Huddersfield seem to be offering excellent deals at the moment.
even in north wales, there seems to be a lot more around now, many old geysers [unlike me, ha ha ] who just arent interested in waving/smiling/ looking......shame more youngsters cant see practicality of them,

as for power it will do 90, it will tow little caravan with 2 big sit on kyaks on top and 2 bikes on rear at 60 all day on motorway on cruise control. I`ve had 4 railway sleepers inside, 2 of us slept inside, [ tinted windows] tow a trailer full of household rubbish, cope with snow beautifully with clack and go snow chains. need I go on.

the major downside, and maybe its just modern fabrics, is cloth interior, even though i had it scotchguarded at purchase still mark so very very easily. I would love a solution to that apart from covers.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post:
  • Audaxjoe