Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Uprated shock absorbers
Hi - Forgive me if this has been covered already; I've searched, but can only find posts on the pre -08 cars. I'm looking for uprated shocks, F & R, for my 2009 1.6D 90hp Blingy.

The standard ones at 25k miles are now patter-y (technical? Er no) with the tyres blown up hard, to get my close-to-60mpg average.

There seemed to be Sachs & Bilsteins options for the first model, but none for the current model?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Are you running your tyres over pressure ?
So where does this bit go then ?
(14-01-2013, 05:55 PM)ffrenchie Wrote:  Are you running your tyres over pressure ?
No, just max allowable
If you mean max allowable as printed on to the sidewall, that's 'over pressure'. Your tyres should be inflated to the vehicle manufacturers' specification.

If your tyres are inflated to a higher PSI, then friction (and therefore grip) is seriously reduced. Great for reduced rolling resistance (MPG) but very damaging to handling and safety. Tyres will slide more in the wet, let go around corners much easier, and wheels will lock up under less braking effort.

If you were to have an accident with over-inflated tyres, you will be found at fault and your insurers will not pay out. You could also be prosecuted for driving an unsafe vehicle.
(14-01-2013, 06:18 PM)FeuxLingo Wrote:  If you mean max allowable as printed on to the sidewall, that's 'over pressure'. Your tyres should be inflated to the vehicle manufacturers' specification.

If your tyres are inflated to a higher PSI, then friction (and therefore grip) is seriously reduced. Great for reduced rolling resistance (MPG) but very damaging to handling and safety. Tyres will slide more in the wet, let go around corners much easier, and wheels will lock up under less braking effort.

If you were to have an accident with over-inflated tyres, you will be found at fault and your insurers will not pay out. You could also be prosecuted for driving an unsafe vehicle.

No, again, max allowable for the vehicle, as shown on B post label....