Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
washer bottle
Had my Berlingo two months now , my main gripe is that the windscreen washer tank is so bloody small .
(08-12-2013, 10:11 PM)henry sb Wrote:  Had my Berlingo two months now , my main gripe is that the windscreen washer tank is so bloody small .

A tiny bit less than 3 litre in the MK3. Yes, it's very little, but also I see I use quite alot more than in my former car, even that had wash for headlights, so I suspect the nozzles could be improved. I have not looked at our berlingo, but if it's possible to mount nozzles from an Vectra C/Insignia, I'm willing to try them. The nozzles on the Vectra is electrically heated, that might be a nice mod :thumbsup:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fikse for this post:
  • GEORGEMXR
I miss my BX.
It had 3 tanks. One for the windscreen washers, one for the headlight washers, and the Third for the rear window washer...

What I miss on my Berlingo is having the nozzles mounted on the wiper arm like it was on earlier models. I have a feeling that was more economic.
I was just saying this today, I'm filling up the bottle EVERY trip, and normally part way along it too,

the issue is the fact it's a small tank AND the washers operate for too long, I want a quick blast not 2 full seconds of water
63 plate Berlingo working hard.....
[thinking loud]
Hmm, an idea of a mod is coming trough my tired-Friday-brain:
In many of my cars I have extended the hose that goes to the nozzles, to be wrapped around the warmest of the radiator hoses. To heat up the fluid before it enter the nozzles. This can help preventing frozen nozzles and also makes the fluid more effective.
But what about letting this hose go trough an separate bottle, before it wraps around the radiator hose... Not sure how big bottle that will fit under the hood, but just a litre could help quite some....
[/thinking loud]