Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Airbag Warning Light
(20-06-2014, 09:15 PM)Fight the power Wrote:  Hi

Just thought i'd post this youtube clip on here as i have found an inexpensive solution to a deliberately expensive problem in the hope that it will stop others from getting ripped off !

Regards

FTP

http://youtu.be/h6biTyAr26g

Can't believe what I am reading or have just seen on You-tube...... somehow get the feeling that some people are not right in the head and are quite willing to compromise their own safety. Personally I feel that the vehicle inspectorate should be given the power to seize and destroy any vehicle that has been altered or modified in a dangerous manner but hey that is just the opinion of a qualified ex motor vehicle mechanic. Just let me know when you are on the road and whereabouts so I can keep well out of your way !!!
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
My god, there are some self-righteous dicks on this forum. Like none of you have done anything stupid in your lives...

The youtube fix is bullshit anyway.

The way to do it on a MK2 Berlingo is to use Lexia to tell the airbag ECU the drivers wheel airbag is not installed. Then the drivers wheel airbag is not tested at start-up . The light comes on, it tests the passenger airbag, which invariably passes, then the light goes off and you have a happy MOT tester.

A good friend of mine, who's only 5ft tall got 4 broken ribs when her airbag went off 3 months ago. Impact speed less than 15mph. She didn't hit the wheel. It hit her, so, there are valid reasons for having them disabled.
2004 Multispace Desire HDi - "Bertie"
She didnt hit the steering wheel cause the airbag got in the way......

The question you need to ask yourself is , would I rather have a smashed up face or broken ribs?

What are these valid reasons for disabling air bags?
Can i just point out, not bothered looking at the clip, but why would anyone compromise their own safety by covering up a fault with a safety feature.
All faults can be fixed, it just takes time when done methodically.
Also an airbag light not illuminating on dash at start up is only an advise not a fail, a permanent light on is a fail. Probably not for long though because vosa will clamp down sooner rather than later.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Roadrally for this post:
  • andy-womble
(24-06-2014, 02:42 AM)homeruk Wrote:  She didnt hit the steering wheel cause the airbag got in the way......

Wrong. Last time she crashed 15 years ago was in a car without an airbag. Not a mark on her.
2004 Multispace Desire HDi - "Bertie"
(15-08-2014, 12:57 PM)mikep1973 Wrote:  
(24-06-2014, 02:42 AM)homeruk Wrote:  She didnt hit the steering wheel cause the airbag got in the way......

Wrong. Last time she crashed 15 years ago was in a car without an airbag. Not a mark on her.

I'm correct if you actually bothered to read what I wrote.

I'm still waiting two months on for these valid reasons too....