Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beeping with no error lights!!!
We have the beeping on 2 Berlingo vans 9 - 12 months old, Citroen couldn't find the problems. I think its linked to the rubbish tracker / sat nav system, there is a speaker behind the glove box (a bit like an old phone kit speaker). Next time it beeps we will remove the glove box (star screws) and hopefully advise further.
Citroen tried blaming our drivers on not wearing seatbelt, door open etc.
My beeping was sorted by a software update from the nice people at P C Tonkin in Cornwall. The update was recommended by Citroen - no beeping since!!!!!
Hi all

I have had my Berlingo from new, purchased October 2015 and have had this fault many times. Had a software update one month ago and this morning I enjoyed the beeping for the fifth time since the so called update to resolve the issue. Had a conversation with Citroen Uk this afternoon and they tell me that the issue has been upgraded to priority in France. 

Let's hope they sort it. Starting to really p*** me off now.
I experienced this beeping for the first time early last night!

I returned to my van which I had been out in off & on all day and as soon as I turned it over, the beeping started.  I turned the engine off and the beeping carried on, but not only that, the radio stayed on as well, even when I took the keys out of the ignition!

I tried a few things where I was like getting out of the van, locking it, opening it, turning it off and on but the beeping just carried on, so I drove the short 20 minute journey home.

Whilst driving with the beeping annoying the hell out of me, I noticed some of my led displays not showing also, the CD I had in before was working with the engine on or off but if I took the CD out the radio wouldn't work?

I got home and got out the van, locked it and could still hear the beeping so I went into the house and read this thread I found and then went to the garage to get some tools to undo the battery cable and see if that worked.

I returned to the van some 15/20 minutes later and no beeping so I didn't get the chance to do anything!  

I turned it over and all was OK, I took the CD out and the radio came on also and when I turned the engine off everything was as normal.

The thing has got a bloody mind of its own!
Citroen Berlingo LX600 2.0 HDI Van (06)

Good for my work but great for carrying my golf clubs & trolley around the country  Big Grin
Hello guys.

I had the exact same problem with my 2017 Peugeot Partner Teepe.

I had already read about it on this forum so when I heard the sound I "knew" the problem.

In my car this happend twice. Both times this happened when i washed my car- with the ignition on
(the only way to play music without turning the engine on).

What happened was that the economy mode was activated, and turned off all the electric components- as usual.

Both times this is what triggered the beeping sound when I started the car up again. v
I let it sit for a while, and the beeping sound disappears.

PS: I do not have the satnav package (using google maps-mirrorlink).
(08-07-2017, 06:06 AM)Tepee Wrote:  Hello guys.

I had the exact same problem with my 2017 Peugeot Partner Teepe.

I had already read about it on this forum so when I heard the sound I "knew" the problem.

In my car this happend twice. Both times this happened when i washed my car- with the ignition on
(the only way to play music without turning the engine on).

What happened was that the economy mode was activated, and turned off all the electric components- as usual.

Both times this is what triggered the beeping sound when I started the car up again. v
I let it sit for a while, and the beeping sound disappears.

PS: I do not have the satnav package (using google maps-mirrorlink)
Hi, the bleeping is the main CPU not recognising the code sent from the radio on start up, hence the irritating sound. If you press and hold the menu button on the touch screen the radio will reboot and send it's identity code again. Hopefully the "car" should accept the code and stop bleeping.
Not a permanent solution but at least the bleeping stops without the need to get out, lock up and wait five minutes. I am having a software update to the radio next week so that may solve the problem. Fingers crossed
Hey there! I have a 65 Berlingo Enterprise van. I had the beep issue too. Same old thing where I would drive for 15 mins or so then it would go. Obviously a software issue. I sorted a solution however.....just hold the menu button down for a few seconds until it beeps. This rebootsthe radio, but you won't lose any of your presets or settings. Works all the time and also I haven't had the beep for months. Hope that helps!
I had the exact same problem as others on a 16 plate Berlingo Enterprise which has happened on mine twice since ownership and I confirm it is the radio security beep. This is exactly the same as in older cars the radio would bleep until you entered the correct code in to the radio after a battery change etc.

The easy fix is either reboot the radio as others have suggested by holding the menu button until it bleeps and waiting for it to reboot or leave the vehicle parked and locked up for 15 minutes and the radio will correct itself at the next power on.

It is no biggie and nothing to worry about.
(25-07-2016, 11:08 AM)Dr.Jekyll Wrote:  I have this issue  - same as the chap in the youtube clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by7YJfoyZ9E

In a nutshell - I get the beeping with no warning lights to tell me what the issue is. it only happens on start up (all doors closed, all seat belts attached etc) and will not go away regardless of length of journey.. just beep....beep...beep...

I can sometimes get it to go away by turning it off and waiting for around 15 minutes and the beeping goes ... nothing has changed, no doors opened or seat belts opened closed...

It only happens say one a week, so not all the time.

does anyone else have this fault? And does anyone have a solution!!!!!

Thanks

November 2015 new shape 120hp Peugeot Partner Tepee with 7" touch screen.
Hi Mate, 
Did you ever get to the bottom of the problem? a lot of things indicate that its the screen and console in the middle. i have the same problem, and its driving me mad any advice would be welcome!
cheers
t
i have a 2015 xtr with satnav but since i updated the satnav i have had no beeping