Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New owner
Hello
Just bought a Citroen Berlingo Multispace 1.6 HDi VTR 5dr which is wheelchair adapted for my dad's mobility scooter.

I have read about the eco mode which is extremely irritating as we usually go down to the beach each afternoon to look out to sea and listen to the radio which is impossible as it turns off after 5 minutes. I can see from the threads however it is impossible to turn this mode off.

The other thing is the silly ashtray is it possible to get an ashtray to fit in the slot below the radio/cd ? My father has difficulty seeing the ashtray and leaning over to put his ash in it. I know we shouldn't smoke but my dad will be 87 next month so it is a long established habit !

I also wonder how you charge the battery due to the cover on it. Can it be charged on the positive terminal and the earth nut ?

Where can we get a central consul storage unit we have the base one.

Many thanks
Many thanks. Went to the dealers yesterday and in total, as the base has to be changed, it would cost over £250. Maybe we can make something ourselves that could incorporate an ashtray and proper cup holders. Will have get our brains working !
There is a button on the radio that if you press it the central dash information console goes dark if pressed a couple of times, when I pressed this I got extra radio play from the battery, try this yourself and see if it works.
And yes I think it's the most backward step in car manufacturing that after hundreds of years of making cars that they have now decided that we can't listen to a radio for more than five minutes with the engine off! It's never been known in all the cars I have owned and driven.
Hello SheilaAnn welcome to the forum good to have you and your family with us Smile as already said keep an eye on ebay or scrap yard that sell Citroen part's on the net .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Many thanks for the replies and I will try that button on the radio today.
For the ECO Radio issue perhaps it would be possible to retrofit a genuine Citroen switch into an unused switch hole in the dash and then run a permanent fused live feed to it from the battery and subsequently from there to the radio ?

I'm unsure how the voltage may backfeed elsewhere ( especially with all this computer nonsense on modern cars ) but worth a thought and possibly wait for those more qualified than myself to back the idea.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
On an other subject is it necessary to have Alloy wheel embellisher remover to take of the trim ?
(26-11-2016, 11:51 AM)SheilaAnn Wrote:  On an other subject is it necessary to have Alloy wheel embellisher remover to take of the trim ?

Is that to take off the wheel trims?
The plastic centre cap comes off quite easily with the gentle use of a screwdriver, although the tool kit should contain the correct plastic tool.

Many of the alloys have security wheel nuts, best have a look now and if so, make sure you have the matching key else there will be tears if you get a puncture.
(26-11-2016, 03:32 PM)Solent Wrote:  The plastic centre cap comes off quite easily with the gentle use of a screwdriver, although the tool kit should contain the correct plastic tool.

Many of the alloys have security wheel nuts, best have a look now and if so, make sure you have the matching key else there will be tears if you get a puncture.

Many thanks I will check that. No there were no tools when we got it but a jack and wheel brace were sent to us.