Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
The Berlingo camping thread
Mmmmm, looks a bit "Bill Oddey".

The green box shaped one, Is it a bird watching hide???
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
Great idea this camping thread. We've just got an XTR, partly because of it being a great camping car. The idea is just to whack down an airbed and put the tent as close as poss to the side door to put our stuff in and we have the option of sleeping in tent or car depending on weather etc. If that doesn't work we'll get a drive away awning. The only problem I can see is privacy. We did wonder about tinting windows but I guess you can still be seen with a light on and I always wonder whether the pondlife will take tints to mean you have stuff worth nicking and break in to check - maybe I'm paranoid. Anyway, missus is good with curtains etc but how do we put a rail up without drilling into the car? Has anyone done anything similar?
Dave.
Have seen curtain track and sticky fixers ( double sided pads ) used to great effect in VDubs before? Is cheap, but you can only have lightweight curtains..... Welcome to the forum anyhow and good luck!!
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Hi

I think thats what I will do too. I have tried to get someone professional to convert my Berlingo keeping all seats to no avail!
I have always camped and putting a mattress etc in the back of the van (if bad weather) seems the only option.
Also found that the silver screen blinds can be put up with suctions all around the windows, couldn't get proper blinds from anywhere either.

Di:lol:

Hi

I have ended up making blinds out of the silver screen blinds because I couldn't find anyone who makes proper blinds.
I bought a lot of suctions so they stick to the glass because I didn't want to drill anywhere.

I am taking my small tent for storing my stuff as theres not much room in a Berlingo.

Di

I thought about built in stuff for my Forte. However, I found that a carp fisherman's camp bed just fits with the double back seat taken out and the drivers seat pushed forward. They come with adjustable legs so cope with the change in levels for the floorpan. I doubt that a bed could be nmade which is as comfortable and it doubles as a sun lounger. It lives in the top box. Shallow storage boxes go under it.

The tailgate itself is an awning and a longish windbreak does the rest. A collapsible table is handy and I use 2 small washig up bowls and one of those square camping cookers which cook like a gas stove at home - that is the kitchen, but I do like takeaways ...
Just thought i might add another alternative. I wanted to see if i could use common furnitures and I needed it fast. I took a trip to the lokal ikea (go figure, I'm swedish after all Wink and found what I needed for about 25 GBP. The setup consists of four small tables and two mattresses for child beds.

With mattress more or less in place

I dont have any pictures of the curtains but i have a line running from front to back and for back and front it is fastened with velcro on a few spots. This far it is enough if it is sunny, mosquito free and no rain (or for shorter visits). So for the rainy days I have a set with a tarp and some poles to keep it up. I bought the tarp cloth from shelby.fi, the tent poles come from fleemarket bought tents and the strings are curtain lines. Not very quiet when it decides to storm but it takes away the worst part of rain and sun when needed. Finally I just had to try making a tent from the pieces that got left out when I took the poles. It needs some more attention around the zipper but I'm quite happy with it. So with that, rain, sun and mosquito problems are a bit more under control.

Still curious in ways to get mosquito net in place on the windows in the back, the sticky velcro just won't do it good enough. Any ideas?

Edit: Changed links, I've moved my webpage.
does any know if it is possible to install a seat swivel (driver or passenger) in an 08 mk3 vtr berlingo??
(03-02-2012, 07:11 PM)eira Wrote:  Three tables in place just to show how it looks
Now with mattress more or less in place

If I'm not mistaken, they are 'Lack' tables!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
(04-02-2012, 07:50 PM)ANDYMARSHALL Wrote:  does any know if it is possible to install a seat swivel (driver or passenger) in an 08 mk3 vtr berlingo??

I wonder if the seats from the Synergie/C8 or Peugeot equivalents could be made to fit? Confusedcratch:

[Image: images1-1.jpg]
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

(04-02-2012, 08:02 PM)steve valentine Wrote:  If I'm not mistaken, they are 'Lack' tables!

Very true Smile
It says max 20kg on them but no problem so far for two persons.