Thread Rating:
  • 44 Vote(s) - 2.64 Average
Suspension
hi all, have been lurking around the forum for a while having recently purchased a berlingo which is suffering from the noisy suspension! thought about time to say hello and thanks to all you guys for all the usefull info.
i have been trying to locate the source of this noise since having the car, i replaced the drop links, anti roll bar bushes, checked drive shafts, ball joints, etc all the normal things and nothing found. as a result of the info here i have just got off the phone from freeborn in southampton after speaking to one of the service people who gave me the part nos allready quoted ie 503375 & 5038f7 these he advised are an updated part although citroen say it may not cure all the noise!! i have ordered the parts from citroen, at approx £35, and will have a go at fitting them, looks a fairly straightforward job. will let you know how it goes in a couple of weeks when i get time to fit. incidently citroen quote 1.8 hours labour for both sides so i guess not to horific if you want the stealers to do it!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jonnyboy for this post:
  • philip, taxi
Ahh Freebourne Southampton sorted mine out just last weekend. They even called me a day after I picked my van up to make sure I was happy with the way I had been treated which to be fair wasn't too bad, if I was fussy I'd say they left greasy hand prints all over my van but im just enjoying the silence and it needed a wash anyway so not a problem really! So it's thank you Citroen from me and would recommend Freebourne Southampton. (Crossing my fingers hoping the noise doesn't come back)!!!
What noise are you on about guys?
My old 10-plate rear end rattled when rebounding out of potholes is this it?
My 2012 does it too so the production line obviously havent be given the updated parts!
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(25-03-2012, 10:05 AM)evdama Wrote:  What noise are you on about guys?
My old 10-plate rear end rattled when rebounding out of potholes is this it?
My 2012 does it too so the production line obviously havent be given the updated parts!
Its the front suspension we are talking about.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
is yours still ok Phil?
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
(25-03-2012, 06:38 PM)pch Wrote:  is yours still ok Phil?
Nope is F-ING rattling again! i think it could now be the top mounts?!
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
oh dear , wish i had never asked.
sorry to hear that.
back to citroen????
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
(15-03-2012, 05:08 PM)pch Wrote:  keep me informed how Abergele perform as I may consider my next service there. Good luck , dont bother with Llangefni on Anglesey, I will never go there again. How many miles have you done since it was changed/
Pete

Well, Abergele have agreed that yes, it is rattling again. They've ordered the parts and will replace them under warranty for a second time. It's about 10K miles or so since the last time, but it started rattling again after barely 1000 miles or so as far as I can remember. I await with interest and not much hope of a permanent cure . . .

Sadly, after years of driving big Citroens and Peugeots happily trouble free and very reliably to high mileages this Berlingo just feels cheaply and nastily made by comparison and is rapidly confirming every prejudice I've ever heard about French cars Sad
It's immensely practical transport though, and has depreciated too much to be sensible to sell it at this stage so I guess we'll run it to death. (I wonder how long that will be? I have a strange feeling it won't be anywhere near the 200K or so that it's predecessors have done)

I find myself looking with interest and envy at VW Caddy Maxi Life's.
Hi all, took the car to local Citroen dealer today who replaced the front suspension top plates under warranty and 2 hours later the noise that has been clunking away from new has now GONE!! Remember this is on a 61 plate with under 3000 miles..... Lets hope this is a lasting cure. The annoying thing is that this type of suspension set up has been used on cars for tens of years and you would think it would be perfected by now!
Local dealer was Flemings in Kilmarnock and even although the car was not bought from them ( they could not find a new car of that spec in the country at that time ) , they have dealt quickly with the warranty claim so thumbs up for them . Pity they leave the factory with crap parts fitted in the first place mind you......
I dont think the onset of cheap'n'nasty will just be confined to PSA cars
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van