Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
NEED SOME URGENT HELP!!!
Question 
Hi Peeps

My EGR Flexi pipe snapped off at the base around the back of the engine a couple of days ago, so i bought another 1 off ebay , we tried to remove the 2 bolts that hold the flange onto the exhaust bit but they were solid !!!

In the end we had to cut the bolt heads off, we cut 1 off and all was well and in the process of cutting the other 1 off and tapping the bolt head off with a hammer - the whole flange came off in 1 go but also snapped the left bolt off inside it, the other side still had alot of thread sticking out and was very easily removed, and i reckon the other one could be removed easy but there is no space to get down the back with a bolt extractor drill bit or any of my other tools so i need to take the complete part off that the EGR fits too,

I've looked in my Haynes manual but cant find any instructions,

i have added some pics so you know what i mean,

i have marked some bolts that i "THINK" i might need to take off to remove it but not sure

Need the van for work asap so any help with be much appreciated :thumbsup:[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/...d8e036.jpg" alt="[Image: IMG_7984_zpsd5d8e036.jpg]" class="mycode_img" />[/img]

[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/...9158ee.jpg" alt="[Image: IMG_7967_zps669158ee.jpg]" class="mycode_img" />[/img]

[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z147/...99b21c.jpg" alt="[Image: IMG_7966_zpsee99b21c.jpg]" class="mycode_img" />[/img]
Its the exhaust manifold you need to take off . These 6 bolts/nuts marked are the ones alright, take them off and remove manifold . If it does'nt want to move see if any have been missed then tap slightly to break the seal. Remember the ones holding on the exhaust pipe.
(20-02-2014, 04:46 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  Its the exhaust manifold you need to take off . These 6 bolts/nuts marked are the ones alright, take them off and remove manifold . If it does'nt want to move see if any have been missed then tap slightly to break the seal. Remember the ones holding on the exhaust pipe.

Yep can't forget them to bolts lol :thumbsup:

What sealant do you use to reseal it back on?

Cheers Brodfather11
Yep these 6 are the bolts to remove.
I had to use a block of wood and a large mallet to get my manifold off...
I like loctite 5920 for gaskets
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.