Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Pulling left steering faults
A link to a post i made, may be of some help.

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...7#pid65287
I've had 2 mark 2, and 1 mark 3, Berlingos; and they have all felt like they wanted to steer ever so gently towards the left as I drove along a road! They all suffered a small amount of "Torque Steer" if you hit the gas pedal while cornering eg. on roundabouts, but I think these traits are all the result of having front wheel drive, and having uneven drive shaft lengths. I have never suffered from uneven tyre wear on any van though. I like the comfort and other aspects of my mark 3 so much, that I'm prepared to live with having a perpetual, gentle, tug-of-war with the steering wheel, during my working day lol!
Email dom@flametv.co.uk he doing a program on these issues, don't get done get Dom, citroen say they have never heard or recieved any complaints but this forum has highlighted them, some cases are worse than others.
Interesting thread.....

I have had my mk 3 almost a year , steering so far is fine , I have almost 15 k on the clock.

As said before, if the tracking is good , and ball joints ,subframe, bushes and tyres all ok it should run straight as a die......
Sorry your having problems Anthony as I think essentially they are great vehicles but this issue is clearly not being addressed by Citroen in the correct manner.
As Jed Clampit said , Citroen cant moan about losing customers when they don't try and sort an important problem.

I hope you get it sorted

Jon
Check the brakes!

Check the front brakepads for uneven wear(more wear on the left), or even better, use an IR thermometer to measure the temperature of the disks after a stretch of 'left lean'...
Good point !!!

Sticky calliper will do it , simply job to strip , clean and copper slip calliper / pads.......

Jon