Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
New Blinger
Hi - just finding my way around this site - looks very informative - but I'm no good at mechanics. Here's a question: I bought a new Bling - Airdream 90 VTR last month, to replace an 06 Kangoo RHD auto which you can't get anymore in the UK. Only done 900 miles so far, auto gears are brilliant and it chugs up the Sussex hills superbly, but why can't you have the instrument panel illuminated while the DRL are on? The panel is so well recessed that it's hard to read in strong sunlight - but maybe Citroen think the UK doesn't have much sun. Can the thing be re-programmed by the dealer so the DLR and speedo panel lights are both on?
Welcome to the site. It sounds that you panel lights need turning up to maximise brightness, with the lights on turn the button on the left of the display either clockwise or anti. (your handbook should help) and you should see a change.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
OK, will try that. Thanks.
Hello rnammam welcome to the forum good to have you with us As Trevor reply say's :thumbsup:
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Hi again Trevor. I tried turning up the panel light brightness but it was on max already, and you still get nothing at all unless at least the sidelights are on. The adjustment button design must have changed recently as it doesn't turn left or right, it's now a push-button affair. Maybe the DRLs take too much current to have the panel lights on as well. It's a brill motor and fuel consumption is really low, just a shame about these lights. Maybe it's an EU rule, but I won't get started on that...
My apologies, I had not read your original post correctly. I am sure the panel lights only come on as you say when the side or headlights are on. I have never seen any mention of a problem with users not seeing the panel clearly, maybe you do get more sun in Sussex Smile
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
It's certainly been very sunny here this summer. Mind you, I have had an overdue appointment reminders from Specsavers. Thanks anyway.
About the non-illuminated instrument panel when the DRL are on. I contacted Citroen, who referred me to my local main dealer. They chewed it over for a couple of days and reported back to me. Apparently there aren't enough light clusters (sounds like a milking parlour) to enable their electrical wiz to re-wire it. And it would invalidate the warranty as being an unauthorized adaptation. It still puzzles me though, as the mileometer and auto gear number are well illuminated, but not the rest. What's so interesting about the mileometer? I still think the Bling is an ace car, though still only done 1800 miles from new.