Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door lock buggered!
Hello!

We just got our Berlingo. I *think* it's a Mk1, it's 2002 anyway...

But, the passenger door doesn't work properly. You can't unlock it with the key, nor can you press the lock button down with the door open. Basically, you can only lock and unlock the door from the inside. The driver's door works fine...

Oh, and we don't have a key with an electronic lock, so it's got to be done the old-fashioned key-into-the-lock way.

This is not a major pain, but is a little annoying. Any ideas how easy it would be to fix?
if the key does not turn in the cylinder of the lock its a key issue, 2 keys came with my van, one with the buttons and a plain one without buttons, plain one locks the doors but the other one wont,, dont know why
No, I think it's a cylinder issue, as you can't lock the door with the button (on the door) while it's open...
I cant lock the doors when it's open either I think it is just the way they were designed so you cant lock your keys in the car but I may be wrong, maybe its had different locks put on it at some point I know my one had a new ignition barrel put in it last year so I have one key for the ignition and one for the locks.
Try wd40 or dip your key in oil then try it as that's what I had to do with my boot lock to get it to work and it works great now and if that fails to do the job its either a broken lock or the wrong key
Sometimes it can because the key has worn down too much, I had the same issue with mine. It locked fine for years using the same key then one day it just wouldn't lock so I tried my spare key and that worked fine. When open the door is designed not to lock when you hold the handle & push the plunger but it will lock from the inside with the door shut.
So it's a new key or new lock needed