Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
[Transmission] FUEL CONSUMPTION POOR
hello there this is my first time here and i could use some help i drive a 63 plate Berlingo multispace 1.6hdi egs6 and i am wondering what the fuel consumption should be i live in a very rural area and don't drive the car hard and have found i am averaging at about 42 -43 mpg and the gear box also seems to be very sloopy with its changes it can jump from 1st to 2bnd and back to 1st while moving off from a stationary position also the car sometimes wont move off from a stationary position the car has been in to local citroen dealer and had the gear box data updated but still seems to be very poor i also have a 14 plate c4 106hdi egs6 and drive this car the same and get 67.2mpg whats going wrong with my car please please can someone give me some advice i would really apprecaite it :brickwall: i look forward to hearing from you thank you in advance
It's going to be impossible to give you a reason for your poor consumption on here, without having a very thorough look at the car. All you will get is suggestions , which will cover everything. You need to seek out a clever technician, who understands thes cars. When I owned a Berlingo 09 plate, the fuel consumption was similar to what you are seeing, ie low 40's. Maybe the 14 plate car is a later generation vehicle, the newer cars have improved quite a bit. I have a customer who has a 10 plate that we have Eco tuned, and it gets about 60 mpg pretty consistently .
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Lighty for this post
When your car doesn't move off when selected "auto", check the instrument panel / screen and see if it shows "N ".

Car must be stationary when selecting " Reverse ", it seems that problems may occur when selecting " Auto " after too hasty a change into " Reverse " immediately before..ie:- 3 point turn. Try switching off ignition and remove key, then turn back on if it happens again
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[+] 1 user says Thank You to taxi for this post
need to know about the consumption I want to be able to take it to Citroen knowing what I am talking about and bot to be fobbed off by them I personally think there is a under lying problem with the car and the gear problems are happening at traffic lights or junctions not when doing monouvers thanks for advice anyway
Should be in'50's on average....that's what I got.
(25-07-2014, 02:00 PM)busdriverrob Wrote:  need to know about the consumption I want to be able to take it to Citroen knowing what I am talking about and bot to be fobbed off by them I personally think there is a under lying problem with the car and the gear problems are happening at traffic lights or junctions not when doing monouvers thanks for advice anyway
An ECU update should have helped.

(25-07-2014, 03:54 PM)taxi Wrote:  
(25-07-2014, 02:00 PM)busdriverrob Wrote:  need to know about the consumption I want to be able to take it to Citroen knowing what I am talking about and bot to be fobbed off by them I personally think there is a under lying problem with the car and the gear problems are happening at traffic lights or junctions not when doing monouvers thanks for advice anyway
An ECU update should have helped.
Seems that contacting Citroen UK may help in your circumstances.
If it's of any use, my 2010 1.6HDi 110 XTR does about 49mpg on my normal back and for to work, but on a decent run keeping it below 60mph, it rises to about 55mpg
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ntm1275 for this post
Hi,
I have a 2010 XTR with 20,000 miles and Iam averaging between 44 - 53mpg the 53mpg was driving between 65 - 70mph

photoman06
[+] 1 user says Thank You to photoman06 for this post
(26-07-2014, 03:51 PM)photoman06 Wrote:  Hi,
I have a 2010 XTR with 20,000 miles and Iam averaging between 44 - 53mpg the 53mpg was driving between 65 - 70mph

photoman06

mine is a 1.6hdi airdream 90 etg6 and is currently getting 43.4 mpg and its driving me batty now want to put a match to the engine and blow the car up agggggggh :brickwall:
You should contact Citroen UK in the first instance to keep dealers on their toes...and get written report and any printouts off them when getting possible warrranty work done / checked.

I drove Airdream model as PH taxi for 30 months and got better mpg..