Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Service intervals
Hi everyone.

We've had our Berlingo 1.6 XTR HDI (2010 model) for a year now and we love it. Since the last service we've done about 6000 miles and recently the service spanner light came on. I've checked and the service interval is 12000 miles or 1 year - whichever comes first - so that's why the light is on.

My question is can I leave this service until the 12K are up? I've always done services by milage but we've never had a diesel before so am not sure about this.

Thanks.
Well the HDi turbos are sensitive. I change my oil (with proper spec. oil) and filter every 9K km just to be on the safe side. Cheap insurance as far as I'm concerned.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
I just have mine serviced once a year whatever the mileage, usually about 9kmiles/pa. Oil changes are rather critical on these engines as pointed out & correct grade of oil must be used. Citroen workshops do fixed price service/mot & at least you know they will use correct oil.
Car service manuals normally says whichever comes first

With the 1.6hdi its not very forgiving if you try to stretch it out and will reward you with a blown turbo.

Better to be safe than sorry.
Service it every 12 month's with the right oil no more than 9'000 mile's less if your doing a lot of stop starting with a cold engine the service light mite not have been reset the last time it was serviced is it a 90 or 110 ps /bhp
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Oil is cheaper than a turbo:thumbsup:Confusedalut:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Thanks. JC it's a 90 - does that make a difference?

We bought it off a Citroen main dealer (as a non-approved vehicle, though not really sure what that meant) who serviced it then. Given how important services seem to be I note that it was 3 years old then with 19K on the clock and it seems to have had only 2 services in total - presumably this should have been 3 with the 4th due now. The dealer said it was a Motability vehicle and they said they had reset the service counter. Does this suggest it was neglected?
Citroen specify oil change at 12500miles which is 20000km or every yr which ever is first. A least your car has had oil changes within the 12.5k miles interval so should be ok. I would get it serviced annually from now on. Some makes do go on just mileage & not time so maybe motorbility saves money by doing this on all their cars?
(11-09-2014, 03:42 AM)Sago Wrote:  Thanks. JC it's a 90 - does that make a difference?

We bought it off a Citroen main dealer (as a non-approved vehicle, though not really sure what that meant) who serviced it then. Given how important services seem to be I note that it was 3 years old then with 19K on the clock and it seems to have had only 2 services in total - presumably this should have been 3 with the 4th due now. The dealer said it was a Motability vehicle and they said they had reset the service counter. Does this suggest it was neglected?

If it's was The 110 ps/hp it as a DPF / FAP that mite have been some of your problem if it's non approved don't they still give you three month's warranty Confusedcratch: or did you bye it on trade term's
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

I've been waiting for a service topic Tongue
my 63 plate is booked in for it's 4th service in a year, we have to wait right until the 12500th mile, other wise we'll be spending so much....

it's normally 8-9 WEEKS between services for our 90 Berlingo Smile
63 plate Berlingo working hard.....