Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alloys and van insurance.
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had problems with van insurance regarding alloy wheels, my insurance company said it would void my insurance and under no circumstances would i be allowed, and they were genuine peugeot/citroen alloys, looks like i will have to wait until it runs out and change companies.

(Updated as i forgot to mention it was for a van)
What was the reason they gave for it voiding your insurance?

Like you said I would vote with my feet.

Most people don't even bother telling them.
If you fit aftermarket alloys you need to inform your insurance but if the alloys are original equipment as fitted to new Berlingos then I would think not.

I suggest you phone your insurance co again during office hours Mon-Fri & ask to speak to a manager/supervisor. Usually when you get an odd response from an insurance company it is because you are speaking to a min wage call centre operative who does not understand the information on their screen.
I have already phoned the insurance underwriters and they told me that any modifications to a commercial vehicle would not be allowed on their policy regardless if they were genuine parts or not, but you see vans with alloys on all the time, the wheels would have been jordan R alloys but not any more.
I use chris knott ins, cost an extra £35, my old ins company wouldn't cover them
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]
Cheers fella, i will be going with another company when it is due ( in december) so will keep Chris knott in mind, can't complain about the price i paid for insurance but i suppose you can't have everything although the alloys would have been nice.
good thing with chris knott is renewal time, they beat any quote I can get by £20, even did this when I moved my mrs pug 107 to them
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]
Cool will give them a call when renewal time comes.
Adrian Flux cover my van all mods declared, Commercial policy aswell.
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

Cheers lads, good to know there are companies that don't mind mods on commercial vehicles.