Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.89 Average
Injector pump help please
I have a 2001 van with a Lucas/Delphi injector pump. I am trying to source a secondhand pump as reconditioning my own will cost nearly as much as the van is worth. The trouble is I keep searching and can't find a pump with matching numbers. It appears that there are several variants on these pumps and I don't know if I can use one. The pump I have has the number R8448B371B and the nearest I can find is R8448B391C. Does anyone know if this will fit. It appears to be just the same, but I am looking at photos on the internet, so I dont want to commit and then find out it is the wrong one when it arrives and I can't return it. Is it possible that it is just the positioning of the injector pipes or just a minor detail that gives the pump a different number?
Any help, tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Hi and welcome to the forum

Have a look here which might help

You can enter your VIN number to get details of part numbers specific to your car/van
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

(18-07-2011, 09:30 PM)Chris Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forum

Have a look here which might help

You can enter your VIN number to get details of part numbers specific to your car/van

Thanks for the reply Chris. The problem I have is that the pumps I am looking at are secondhand and I do not know the VIN numbers of the vehicles they came off to see if they come up the same. I can't afford to order a new one via Citroen so I was hoping someone would have already come across the problem and tried to fit what looks like an identical pump, just that the last 3 numbers on the pump differ. I am aware that the pump solenoid immob will need changing, but can only hope that the pumps are the same as I am finding it impossible to locate a used pump with the same numbers.

Has anyone done a successful pump swap?? Or have a pump with matching numbers to sell me!!