Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modutop rubber seal
Hello again,

I decided to bite the bullet and buy a new rubber seal which joins the modutop roof to the metal edge around it. Mine has been letting in rain water for some time. Attempts to seal it have lasted only until the sealant dries out and loses its properties. The bonded internal seal of the modutop to the roof is fine so no ingress of water to the car interior. I was shocked at a Citroen main stealer asking £316 and promptly purchased more screen sealant. Does anyone know of a cheaper source for the rubber seal or a sealant that keeps its stickyness?
WOW big money try polyurethane hight adhesive sealer upol pu 18 very strong and flexible look on ebay
number 121326496486 or 311087420948 or 281365027782 or 390406652690
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Polyurethane adhesive definitely. It's sticky and it will mostly work on it's own without even the rubber. These modutop roofs, are they glued or something? If you remove it are you left with a rectangle hole or is there support bar running in the middle to help with rigidity?
Sikaflex or Tiger Seal are the commonest used by coach builders, it holds together most of the buses you see running up and down the country. Mask either side of your join and lay a bead over it then leave it to set and pull your tape off and you can rub it down with wet and dry to tidy it up. Careful though as it does stick really well to anything and is the devil to remove so get some surgical gloves. Get some Captain Tolley's creeping crack cure in there first and you should be pretty watertight.
So where does this bit go then ?

This is good stuff
Big Grin 
Thanks for the replies. I had been wondering if just the sealant by itself could be done neatly enough to look okay. I've looked at the suggested ones and if l can't find a cheaper price for the rubber then l'll try just sealant. Thanks ffrenchie for suggesting Sikaflex. I've used it on boat decking but never really considered it for the berlingo, the benefit being it can be sanded. Cheers, bigsacs PS Love the new website