Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio codes, key codes and other stuff when buying, what should I be looking for?
Ok so within a week I'll be back in the UK, cash in mitt, and wanting me a berlingo. Probably  a 2010-2012 XTR.

Other than the owners manual, stamped service history etc, what stuff should I be looking for to go with it?

How many keys should come with it, and how many are remote keys on an XTR. Know some manufacturers do a master key that's needed for programming etc.

What about the code for the factory radio? Is that marked on the radio, or is there a sheet or card with the documentation. And is reprogramming the code in a straight forward process?

Any other bits and pieces I should look out for whilst picking through the paperwork?
Hi. My 2009 XTR came with 2 remote 'plipper' keys. I don't think there is a radio code, radio is built in & specific for car so I guess if it was removed it wouldn't work in another car anyway.
You need a code to program more keys to the car, don't think you get given this any more, most dealers charge@ £25 for this. As said , the radio is programmed to the cars vin number, so no code required.
The latest Berlingo plip keys are quite poor quality, so usually need replacing after 3 or 4 yrs of use.
just take your key to timpsons they done me a std clone key £55
2010 1.6 hdi 110bhp XTR
(31-10-2014, 06:59 PM)Lighty Wrote:  The latest Berlingo plip keys are quite poor quality, so usually need replacing after 3 or 4 yrs of use.
That's terrible! What breaks on them most regularly?