Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clutch cable routing?
Just replaced the gear box in my 2006 1.9d. Trying to work out how the clutch cable is routed. I ve got the ratchet self adjuster on the subframe, but that's it. Can anyone help at all? Can't remember how it was ( a while ago now), and can't see any guides etc. many thanks.
From memory it goes to the passenger side and then underneath the battery tray through to the lever.

Personally and from experience I'd re route it to give the most gentle curve to the cable, I think mine runs to the top of the battery - too dark and cold to go out and look .
I found it gives a smoother and slightly lighter pedal

Edit ... I did try a few times to reply since you posted originally but the bloody forum still has "issues " ... Grrrrr
Thanks very much for your reply Geoff. Much appreciated. Going to look at it tomorrow. I wasn't sure if the gearbox should have clips to hold the cable or not? Smoothest route sounds like good advice. Thanks again.
No problem, I did the same with my wife's car and it's throttle cable - it got rid of the stiff action.

I can drive anything any shape or size or age and with any problem but her .... Phaa don't start me on that !
Yep always fit the pedal end first
Thank you both very much. I ll let you know how I get on. Cheers
Ended up going with what you said Geoff. Adjusted clips onto the chassis. Then a bit further along there is a steel hook. Zip tied the cable to this loosely, then ran in under the battery tray. Works a treat. Many thanks.