Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Power steering fluid leak
I've just noticed there is oil on the passenger mat in the car and it's clean and clear so the only thing I can think of is power steering fluid. I'll jack it up in the morning for a look but has anybody had this kind of thing before, give me a clue where to look ? I can manage without it but it is inconvenient and it's dark and raining now and after tomorrow everywhere will be shut for a few days. Ah well, gives me an excuse to be miserable over Christmas I suppose.
So where does this bit go then ?
Are you sure it's power steering fluid as it's normally red and not brake and clutch fluid which is clear ??
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

It does seem odd that power steering fluid would be leaking into the car. I wondered if it might be air con fluid?

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
When I say a/c fluid I of course mean the oil in it.

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
I've been out today and had a look in the proper light of day and decided it's very thick anti freeze. Checked all the other levels and everything is fine so it's going to be the matrix. It's really oily and slippery feeling but I've done a taste test and I'm 99% sure it's anti freeze now but I never got the curry smell I associate with anti freeze. The brake master cylinder is on the opposite side and the clutch is cable, I've looked under the car and the rack looks sound. Thanks for the ideas and I can live with topping up the header and leaving a newspaper in the footwell till I get round to fixing it. Merry Christmas and Happy new year and thanks again for the interest.
So where does this bit go then ?