Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! hand break and stop light on why?
Huh hi guys and girls , im new to this site so please bear with me.. i have a question in relate to my berlingo multispace petrol the hand break and stop came on and kept going off etc some one said check the break fluid which i did the level was a little low so i topped it up. .the lights went off for a week but now they are back on and wont go off. ive checked the break fluid again to see if i have a leak and it all seems fine. any ideas what else could be causing this. many thanks louise.x Heart
Your rear brake cylinder is leaking. Check the right one as it's normally that one. If you can't inspect the problem yourself there is still a way to visually look on the outside. Get a flash light and get under there. See if there is any oil drip on the inside of the wheels, tyre and possibly pavement, especially after it has been parked over night.

http://i.minus.com/iCi1239sLMavm.JPG
(15-01-2015, 08:38 PM)Kokain Wrote:  Your rear brake cylinder is leaking. Check the right one as it's normally that one. If you can't inspect the problem yourself there is still a way to visually look on the outside. Get a flash light and get under there. See if there is any oil drip on the inside of the wheels, tyre and possibly pavement, especially after it has been parked over night.

http://i.minus.com/iCi1239sLMavm.JPG

thanks for the reply kokain.. ive not notice any oil on my drive in last few days but then again ive not really taken that much notice . i will take your advice and have a look tomorrow morning. thanks again .xx
Hello Louise welcome to the forum good to have you with us you also need to check the brake pad's for wear the hand brake light come's on when they are low can you tell us a bit more about your berlingo year model and so on  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(15-01-2015, 10:49 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello Louise welcome to the forum good to have you with us you also need to check the brake pad's for wear the hand brake light come's on when they are low can you tell us a bit more about your berlingo year model and so on  Smile

thats great ill get them checked too .thankyou its the berlingo multispace forte , 2001, petrol 1360cc .
hello louise and welcome, i had same prob and kokain told me what he told you and he was right ,jed is also right what he said as well,but i didnt have any mess on my drive, only on inside of rear wheel,because it was only minor leakage,but it will mess up the inside of the wheel
Big Grin nice to be important,more important to be nice Wink