Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dashboard dismantling
We've got a very annoying rattle above the radio, around the area of the central locking switch.  I suspect it to be caused by a wire tapping the radio cage.

Can anyone tell me how to get the trim panel around the switches above the radio off, please?
Not the owner, just the bloke who looks after it.

ALL the owner does is drive it and put fuel in. Rolleyes
The trim around the clock screen pops off up and forwards. Theres 2 torx bolts underneath. Then radio out and theres 2 torx angled just above it. Then the panel from the top down to heater controls clips off. Leaves a big enough hole to shine a torch and get an arm in. If theres a loose wire with a connector on, the switch blanks have a slot in the back to keep these tidied and non rattly. Can try get some pics tomorrow if you want as need to take mine apart anyway
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Evilsamo for this post
(17-01-2015, 08:33 PM)Evilsamo Wrote:  Can try get some pics tomorrow if you want as need to take mine apart anyway
Thanks, I'd appreciate that. But don't put yourself out, I think I've got it from your description.

(17-01-2015, 09:04 PM)StuBeeDoo Wrote:  
(17-01-2015, 08:33 PM)Evilsamo Wrote:  Can try get some pics tomorrow if you want as need to take mine apart anyway
Thanks, I'd appreciate that.  But don't put yourself out, I think I've got it from your description.

I totally failed to get round to it yesterday as I was on tip run duty..the curse of owning a lingo I guess.

If there's enough light knocking around when I get home from work i'll hobble something together :-)
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Evilsamo for this post
righto, so...

step 1 - removing clock surround - you can use a trim remover if you want, but as ever i use a flathead screwdriver - a replacement panel from breakers is about 10 quid so I don't worry too much about this..

[Image: DSC_0001_zps11692a9f.jpg]

pry a side of the panel then the front - theres a clip each side then lift and pull and it will come out towards you. may take a bit of a wiggle though

[Image: DSC_0002_zpsca4a075e.jpg]

the 2 bolts up here are nicely located for removal without dropping into a dashboard abyss

[Image: DSC_0004_zps2f1354cc.jpg]

next remove the radio - as any seasoned radio thief would tell you - flathead screwdriver at the ready (unless you have radio keys of course)

[Image: DSC_0003_zpsdb165bc1.jpg]

there are 2 bolts same as the others but angled 45deg upwards they are level with the outermost round buttons/blanks - careful when removing them - they thread into metal clips which have a tendency of dropping into the nothingness behind the dash and then rattling for an eternity

after removing the 4 bolts, the panel will be free at the top, pull away gently but firmly - there are 2 clips level with the row of round buttons that need a bit of a yank - again, a replacement trim panel from breakers costs about a tenner so no need to be too gentle here

once off, you should have something like this...its enough gap to get a hand in, shine a light through and see what you're doing.  one thing i've noticed is one of my button blanks has wires to it - i assume these lingos are made with a standard loom and optioned up after..one day i'll stick a button on it and see what catches fire when i press it.

The panel does come off entirely, but i wired in the radio myself so mine kinda doesn't any more. kludgematic!

[Image: DSC_0005_zps248e5e75.jpg]

hope this helps out dude - if i've not been specific enough, ask me things
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Evilsamo for this post
Brilliant!  Thanks very much.  Cool