Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headlight change
hi guys, i need to change my 2004 1.9 headlights, i live in france so have to comply with french rules etc.
I believe i neec to take ofv front bumper, any advice tips etc on doi g the whole job, start to finish, special tools ? and roughly how long it should take average joe.
Not got used to new layout on here......confused.com     
I did this a year or so ago, I only had to change one head light but ended up taking the whole bumper off anyway. I'd say set aside at least 3 hours (I might just be a bit slow though Smile ). I didn't use any special tools really just the usual screwdrivers and a socket set, what I would say it get some of those clips for holding the wheel liners as they always break. If I remember correctly you have to get behind the wheel arch liners to undo the bottom bolt on the lens.
2005 Enterprise 600 1.9D - It did 85 once but started to smell funny.
Good info Bob.

Sent from i myPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 177657.png]   2004 1.9D DW8 WJY with black spray paint on wheels instead of flimsy plastic wheel covers.
Hi bob, appreciate you taking the time to reply. I have no feeling in my right hand so struggle with small screws etc so I'm sure it will take me all of three hours.......or more lol.
When I get round to it I shall let you know if you r slow or not ;-)
Regards,
Hugh.
Hi bob,nd anyone else reading this, it took under three hours and only this long because took a while to work out how bumper came off between wing and bumper........just pulled it and bingo.
Getting wheel arch skin off was a pain also but now that I've done it I reckon less than two hours now.

Hugh
(02-02-2015, 07:21 PM)gibson24600 Wrote:  Hi bob,nd anyone else reading this, it took under three hours and only this long because took a while to work out how bumper came off between wing and bumper........just pulled it and bingo.
Getting wheel arch skin off was a pain also but now that I've done it I reckon less than two hours now.

Hugh

Glad it went well.Fancy writing a "how to" for us who may have to do it? Wink Big Grin
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy