Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone got a 6L screenwash tank?
I find that the Berlingo's windscreen washer is fairly generous, as it has a preset squirt duration rather than just squirting as long as you hold it. As a result I'm finding that the washer bottle needs filling regularly.

I've read in the manual that the tank is 3L without headlight washers or 6L with. Does anyone have the 6L tank - either with or without the headlight washers? I'm sure our old previous model Berlingo had a bigger tank - do van versions have the bigger tank?

You can see that there's a 3L-sized space full of nothing underneath it, so I'm thinking about swapping it for the bigger one.
Doofer, my Berlingo L2 van only has a 3L washer bottle, but in the Winter months I always carry a 2.5L bottle of extra screenwash fluid in the back for topping up during the working day. Do really you want to lug that extra weight of water around all Summer long?
I'm doing the same too. It shouldn't weigh any more, as there's nothing stopping me half-filling it, but it would be an insignificant difference - I can put on 3kg after a curry.

I'd guess it may have an extra port for the headlight washer, so some inventiveness may be required to fit it.

Hmmm. I might have to annoy my local dealer with another weird request.
I hate the 3L tank, I've had to stop twice on a run before to refill an empty tank,
63 plate Berlingo working hard.....
(18-02-2015, 03:08 PM)ATL_driver Wrote:  I hate the 3L tank, I've had to stop twice on a run before to refill an empty tank,

That seems excessive, could it have been leaking?
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
Just a thought I know you are talking about the mk3 motor but if its made like mk2 you have the washer tank in the wing and then a spout that pushes into it and is meant to seal with an O ring, but on the 2 berlingos I've had this O ring has not been fitted right or perished. I fitted a nice fat O ring out of my plumbing supplies stockpile put some silicone grease on it and pushed it in, no more leaks so it could be topped up to the brim.. Next time you fill up watch to see if it leaks.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Just before xmas we had a hard frost , when I tried to use washer it fused the link , since then only one half of the jets on each side of the washers are working , obviously clogged up with gunge , but hey I,m now using less fluid ..
(04-02-2015, 08:09 AM)doofer Wrote:  I'm doing the same too.  It shouldn't weigh any more, as there's nothing stopping me half-filling it, but it would be an insignificant difference - I can put on 3kg after a curry.

I bet they love you at the "All you can eat for a tenner" night  Blush 
So where does this bit go then ?
(18-02-2015, 07:07 PM)Mike Wrote:  
(18-02-2015, 03:08 PM)ATL_driver Wrote:  I hate the 3L tank, I've had to stop twice on a run before to refill an empty tank,

That seems excessive, could it have been leaking?

no leaks, just dirty roads, in our connects we would give a quick spray and a wipe, the Citroen does 2 full seconds I think, doing that every 50 seconds behind a lorry up the A140 and your 3L is soon gone, I hate having to stop and get out open passenger door, open bonnet, fill up etc

in the summer it's fine and barely gets used
63 plate Berlingo working hard.....
I'm not wishing to brag, but I've got the automatic wipers option, and if you get a smear over the sensor then it wipes like mad to try and get rid of it, as it thinks it's wet, not mucky. So the only option other than switching it to manual off is to wash it. A quick squirt would be enough, but we don't get that option.

I'll look into it at some point. For now I make do with carrying a few bottles.

I'm glad I don't waste my money on screenwash though, or it would be expensive as well as annoying - value washing up liquid works fine every time.