Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulling to the left
Hi all

Had my brand new Berlingo van for over 2 weeks now, i have noticed the van would steer it self to the left towards the kerb on the first day of driving it.
Immediately i reported the fault to the supplying dealer, and went out for a road test with one of their mechanic, soon we got onto the motorway the van would pull to the left lane completely in 3 seconds if the steering wheel is not hold tight enough, he then said i'd have to book it in to investigate further.

Few days later took the van back in for them to sort the problem, promised to phone me once done but waited till afternoon with no phone call so rang them to be told its all 'done' and ready to collect.
On arrival i asked whats been done to the van, the service advisor said they have adjusted the tracking and alignment slightly, must be out from factory.
Later in the day drove the van onto the motorway again, guess what? problem still there absolutely no difference to before it went it.

Rang them again the next day to report the fault still exists, said they'll have another look. Took the van in again on tuesday and phoned them at the end of the day to see how they got on and be told its all 'done' and the mechanic went out to road test it and seems 'happy' with it.
Collected the van on wednesday morning, went to work in it, and yep you guessed it the van still pulls to the left.Angry
Phoned them again today to say they havent fixed the fault, the service advisor then put me on hold while talking to his service manager on what to do, after 10 minutes he got back to me saying i'd have to pop in again to do another road test with their service manger to show them the fault.
At this stage i'm completely lost faith with the dealer and Citroen, i doubt they could fix the fault after the 2nd attempt.
Any advice on what to do next?

Thanks
I did read various reports on here about them doing this, so you're not alone with this one. However, I can tell you that my 3 month old Multispace doesn't pull anywhere so it's a fault with yours, not a feature.

I'd be mentioning words like "rejecting" and "sale of goods act" by now.
Pulling to the left seems normal on the MK3 mine did too.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Try swapping the front tyres from side to side (assuming they are not rotational type)
(05-02-2015, 03:34 PM)AlanS Wrote:  Hi all

Had my brand new Berlingo van for over 2 weeks now, i have noticed the van would steer it self to the left towards the kerb on the first day of driving it.
Immediately i reported the fault to the supplying dealer, and went out for a road test with one of their mechanic, soon we got onto the motorway the van would pull to the left lane completely in 3 seconds if the steering wheel is not hold tight enough, he then said i'd have to book it in to investigate further.

Few days later took the van back in for them to sort the problem, promised to phone me once done but waited till afternoon with no phone call so rang them to be told its all 'done' and ready to collect.
On arrival i asked whats been done to the van, the service advisor said they have adjusted the tracking and alignment slightly, must be out from factory.
Later in the day drove the van onto the motorway again, guess what? problem still there absolutely no difference to before it went it.

Rang them again the next day to report the fault still exists, said they'll have another look. Took the van in again on tuesday and phoned them at the end of the day to see how they got on and be told its all 'done' and the mechanic went out to road test it and seems 'happy' with it.
Collected the van on wednesday morning, went to work in it, and yep you guessed it the van still pulls to the left.:@
Phoned them again today to say they havent fixed the fault, the service advisor then put me on hold while talking to his service manager on what to do, after 10 minutes he got back to me saying i'd have to pop in again to do another road test with their service manger to show them the fault.
At this stage i'm completely lost faith with the dealer and Citroen, i doubt they could fix the fault after the 2nd attempt.
Any advice on what to do next?

Thanks
I have complained about this issue on many occasions overs two year period, I am now in the process of termination the finance agreement and handing it back, Citroen have ignored this issue, and dismissed all claims of steering faults and told me to terminate. You will get no where in complaining to Citroen the tech side say no issues have been reported.

I reported mine to don't get done get Dom and was looking into it, but I didn't fancy going on camera.
You can get in touch with them at dom@flametv.co.uk
Citroen UK are a waste of time, even banned me on Facebook for highlighting other complaints from users about this, search this forum.
I am glad I am getting rid now lost a lot of money had to buy a 10year vehicle but let me say it drives 100% better the Berlingo
[+] 1 user says Thank You to anthonyfield for this post
Mine has always pulled slightly to the left except when I drive on the continent when it pulls slightly to the right.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post
Some more here on a review site, message Citroen on Facebook I posted your comment
http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/citroe...er-reviews
Been asked to bring the car back in to the dealer for another road test with the same mechanic.
He now claims the van drives perfectly and there is no fault at all, also been in touch with Citroen UK who have spoken to the dealer and the service manager also claims there is no fault with the steering.

Citroen UK said unless the the dealer admits there is a fault with the vehicle, they can't do anything more and would advice me to visit another Citroen dealer to get a second opinion.
This is absolutely discusting.
(10-02-2015, 02:54 PM)AlanS Wrote:  Been asked to bring the car back in to the dealer for another road test with the same mechanic.
He now claims the van drives perfectly and there is no fault at all, also been in touch with Citroen UK who have spoken to the dealer and the service manager also claims there is no fault with the steering.

Citroen UK said unless the the dealer admits there is a fault with the vehicle, they can't do anything more and would advice me to visit another Citroen dealer to get a second opinion.
This is absolutely discusting.

Been there done that, trust me you will go round in circles, and think you are going crazy as mehinics all says it's fine.
I am well known to Citroen UK, I forwarded your comment on to them, they didn't do anything to sort mine and by the sounds of it, you are going down the same route, service manager at the dealer said it was fine. You also can't reject it with the finance company because Citroen say no issue. Speak to Catherine Matthias she the new manager at Citroen.
Can even drop my name in there she know who I am haha. Or my reg MA62APX
Only thing you can do now is to put up with it till you can terminate the agreement I wasted £6,500 and due to pick the van up on Friday.
By any chance wasn't a pentagon dealership? I'm was from Oldham