Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citroen newbie
Tongue 
Hi all,
We have today become the proud owners of "bubbles" a 2008 Berlingo Multispace this is the first Citroen either of us ( the boss (I mean wife )) Or myself have owned . We are very pleased with it and the Garage we bought from. Never before has the owner of a garage offered to come out in the car with us until we get used to it !!! BTW we are recent immigrants to France from the UK.
As with most of these forums I guess I will ask Questions that have already been asked and that are so B****y obvious to you but please baer with me I am not as stoopid as I may appear (honest) Undecided
Welcome Stuart, at least you are in the right country for spare parts if you ever need them.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(06-02-2015, 07:21 PM)philip Wrote:  Welcome Stuart, at least you are in the right country for spare parts if you ever need them.

Thanks Phillip. Yep we should be ok for parts. Are you "between Citroen" at the moment or is there something I should know ?
Welcome Stuart.Read up on the servicing threads,particularly if you have a 1.6 HDi.Regular oil changes using the right oil is essential.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post
(06-02-2015, 07:45 PM)ron Wrote:  Welcome Stuart.Read up on the servicing threads,particularly if you have a 1.6 HDi.Regular oil changes using the right oil is essential.

Many thanks Ron
Will do, and yes it is a 1.6 HDI
(06-02-2015, 07:40 PM)stuart Wrote:  
(06-02-2015, 07:21 PM)philip Wrote:  Welcome Stuart, at least you are in the right country for spare parts if you ever need them.

Thanks Phillip. Yep we should be ok for parts. Are you "between Citroen" at the moment or is there something I should know ?

Unless Citroen have a better customer service I wont buy another. See my threads  Big Grin
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Hi Stuart welcome to the forum the 1.6 hdi is a great little motor but as Ron said make sure you use the correct oil and change it regular. I had one for a few years and changed the oil and filter every 8000 miles not 12500 as citroen say and make sure its the correct spec oil to DO NOT use the anything else. Apart from that enjoy your motor.
Ps I havn`t left the fold ive just joined life in the slow lane with a berlingo 1.4 petrol lol
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(06-02-2015, 08:28 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  Hi Stuart welcome to the forum the 1.6 hdi is a great little motor but as Ron said make sure you use the correct oil and change it regular. I had one for a few years and changed the oil and filter every 8000 miles not 12500 as citroen say and make sure its the correct spec oil to DO NOT use the anything else. Apart from that enjoy your motor.
Ps I havn`t left the fold ive just joined life in the slow lane with a berlingo 1.4 petrol lol

Cheers Tomcat
Yep we have only had the car for a matter of hours but we really like it The guy who owns the garage (Jonquet Garage in Le Dorat) seems like a really nice bloke and couldn't be more helpfull
Thanks for the info about the oil, I will do as I am bid as this poor little motor is going to have to last us quite a while. Bon chance with your new one
Hello stuart welcome to the forum good to have you with us if your not sure about something just ask some one or two will be along to help you  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(06-02-2015, 09:13 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello stuart welcome to the forum good to have you with us if your not sure about something just ask some one or two will be along to help you  Smile

Hi Jed
many thanks for the welcome I have already found out some very handy info, thanks again.
Stuart