Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Warning Light] Need help..
Big Grin 
Hi everyone im new to the site and I need some help, advice.

I drive a 1.6 HDI 2007 model, its a brilliant van I love it so much that it has 280,000 miles yes thats miles on it and the bodywork is still showroom Smile " I dont use it as a van "
About a year ago a flashing stop warning light came on the dash and I was told that it was a sensor that needed replacing for stupid money. Now paying for a service at €500+ is hard for me alone for a sensor that I will have to give my left... arm for.
Also a engine light comes on every now and then mainly stopped at traffic lights and take off the light will appear and the van will lose its power, I turn the engine off and back on and it gets all its power back.
Also everytime I start the van the computer reads that the oil is low when it has more then enough..

Its been such a good van I never changed a wheel bearing, drop link, track rod anything its been well looked after im just scared of the lights now and would love to get them sorted if theres tricks and tips that anyone knows please share ?
Thanks.
Seanii the Newbie
First thing I do is have a look at the fault codes. Find someone with a reader if you don't have one. Then I'd erase them, drive for a while and then read them again to see what is recurring. That should give you an idea about what to check next. BTW, welcome to the forum.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

When all this happened I bought a small code reader what im getting is lower fuel rail ? And EGR flow, I have the EGR blanked off but I dont think it was ever cleaned ?
The engine is very dry no leaks no smoke no rattles.
The fuel rail I was told thats not important its a common fault to come up on a dash ?
Thanks for the reply Smile and the welcome
Well, I don't have an M59 but I have never seen a low rail pressure code on mine. Someone with one will be along to let you know I'm sure.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Its usually just the fuel filter on most cars/vans - some garages don't bother replacing them on services.

Unfortunately at 280K it could be the the high pressure pump or if your more lucky the pressure regulator.

My answer isn't specific to 1.6 HDI just experience on other marques.
Mar 2002 Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D 166,000 miles