Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater Control Panel Bulb Holder
Evening All,

Thanks to a couple of threads on this forum, I've managed to change (well, "change" is perhaps not quite the right word) one of the little bulbs behind the heater console on my Mk3 van.

Unfortunately, in the process I dropped the bulb and, most importantly, the holder down the hole into the innards of the van.

Gone.

My moment of (minor) triumph destroyed by fiddly design. It took a moment or two to recover from this crushing blow.

"Never mind" I thought, the dealer will supply a replacement. And they would...

...but only as part of the entire heater control panel!

Now, not having the light annoys me, but not enough to replace the whole control panel. Enough to want it fixing though.

I've tried a couple of standard bulbs but if anything they're more fiddly and it only works intermittently (it's going through a "not working" phase at the moment and not responding to percussive maintenance).

Sooo...

Does the collective Berlingo-mind know of anywhere to obtain the little brown bulb holder or a suitable substitute?

Thanks,

Rob.
Hi Rob welcome to the forum, was the bulb and holder anything like this if you can remember http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/286TAC-12v-1-2...35de7d2658
They come complete or if you can get a grip of the bulb you can pull them out and replace just the bulb.
Try a decent parts shop or motor factors and they will have boxes of them.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Thanks Tomcat3. Kind of, but not quite. Size is in the right ballpark though.

They're brown and of a more "complicated" - if that can be said of a small bit of plastic - design. The one's you've linked to look the same as the ones I've tried and the contacts are fractionally too long to go into the hole, but if you bend them up a bit and persuade them in, they don't hold the panel contacts securely, hence the intermittent functioning of the light. They also don't have any stops on the collar and so keep spinning in the hole.
Is this what they are like? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GENUINE-PE...51b69b1ba2
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Thanks again for looking, but it's not that one either.

I think I'm just going to have to go and buy a job load and experiment until I find something that fits!

I presume the assumption is that they last the life of the vehicle, which is great until they don't.