Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] egr valve
hello I am new to all this great idea of sharing with like minded individuals but here goes could anyone tell me to find a missing 12 volts at the egr valve as the only volts I can find down there is 5 volt please be kind as the razor blade is very close to the vein
I think I read/saw that there is only 5 volts at the egr sensor.   

Found it  at ODB codes

Some EGR systems are quite simple while others are a little more complicated. Electrically controlled EGR valves are directly controlled by the PCM. A wiring harness plugs into the valve itself and is commanded by the PCM as it sees the need. These can be 4 or 5 wire. Usually 1 or 2 grounds 12 volt ignition feed, a 5 volt reference circuit, and a feedback circuit. Other systems are vacuum controlled. These are quite simple. The PCM controls a vacuum solenoid which when activated, allows vacuum to travel to the EGR valve and open it. There should also be an electrical connector on this type of EGR valve for the feedback circuit.

The berlingo has a vacuum operated valve.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0405
Copyright OBD-Codes.com
The signal is pulse width modulated, meaning it's on and off really quickly, this might make it hard to pick up a voltage with your multimeter.
The +ve feed is constant, the earth in the ECU is what is PWM, this means you can run a positive wire from one of the other sensors and then it will still earth and regulate through the ECU (if that wire isn't broken).

As far as I am aware it is 12V fused at 15A from my wiring diagram.
http://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Remaps available for 1.6 EDC16, 2.0 Bosch EDC15 & Siemens SID801
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pro_steve for this post
(27-02-2015, 05:26 PM)pro_steve Wrote:  The signal is pulse width modulated, meaning it's on and off really quickly, this might make it hard to pick up a voltage with your multimeter.
The +ve feed is constant, the earth in the ECU is what is PWM, this means you can run a positive wire from one of the other sensors and then it will still earth and regulate through the ECU (if that wire isn't broken).

As far as I am aware it is 12V fused at 15A from my wiring diagram.

thank you pro steve could you tell me which wire does what many thanks Phil Smile