Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Transmission] Gearbox noise
Just bought my first berlingo 15 reg, done a 100 miles and the gearbox rattles on tickover and you can hear it whirring through the gears, not impressed going back next week, anyone had similar problem?
Yep noticed it on quite a few new vehicles - if its within warranty like you say then you could try and get them to change the box. However, your replacement box may be the same!

Or you could do like me and turn the radio up lol.
Yeh gona mention it when it goes in, not the only problem tho, bumper is rattling something loose behind, when you release the brake pedal sounds like linkage is loose, plus knocking from from front aa came and basically all the drop links,ball joints roll bar mount nuts were loose,think this is a Friday afternoon car!!!
You can plug your ORGA number into this link http://www.gesolei.de/berlifaq/siggi/tip.../orga.html and get the exact date it was put together. First thing I did on mine.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
Hi Cabstu, I have the same brake linkage noise. Took it to my local dealer and they had another in at the same time as mine with same noise but worse. They couldn't see anything amiss so they have had to go to Citroen UK for a fix, and I am still waiting for a reply - that was about 4 weeks ago.
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6
(19-03-2015, 08:57 AM)3rensho Wrote:  You can plug your ORGA number into this link http://www.gesolei.de/berlifaq/siggi/tip.../orga.html and get the exact date it was put together.  First thing I did on mine.

What/where is an ORGA number ?
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Hi jay jay,noise is really annoying it sounds to me like its inside the servo,defo not at pedal box,I have a good mechanical background but I don't wana start poking around and void the warranty,plus I bought this berlingo so I wouldn't have to work on motors anymore, yet I've done 1500 miles and I've got a noisey pedal,gearbox and rattling front bumper I might buy some ear plugs. ?
Quote:What/where is an ORGA number ?

That is (at least here) a six position number/code found on the door post sticker where tyre pressure, etc. are found.  It probably has a different name in the UK but, living here in the German speaking area that's how it it designated.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP. Persamos green.

[Image: ab197646.gif]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post
(19-03-2015, 08:07 AM)Cabstu Wrote:  Yeh gona mention it when it goes in, not the only problem tho, bumper is rattling something loose behind, when you release the brake pedal sounds like linkage is loose, plus knocking from from front aa came and basically all the drop links,ball joints roll bar mount nuts were loose,think this is a Friday afternoon car!!!

I've had a 15 plate Berlingo van on order for 16 weeks now (still not got it!), but I've been told that it was built on a Friday, so you've cheered me up no end Cabstu!
Cabstu, they think the noise is from the servo end or possibly on linkage across footwell from conversion to right hand drive. I might have to chase them up to see if there is a fix yet. Only other issue I gave is with USB socket. I use a memory stick to listen to music via USB, but find that whilst playing a song it suddenly stops half way through and moves onto the next one. Maybe mine doesn't like my music tastes!
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6