Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy a mid-seat storage box.
    Hi there.
I just purchased a second hand 2008 Multispace and am starting to make myself at home.

Between the two front seats, where it's possible to put a storage box, my Berlingo came with nothing. Ideally I'd love to buy the "13L storage compartment" that seems to come as standard with some of the Berlingo vans, but am struggling to find it for sale online. I can't even find a component number for it.
Any similar alternative would do me, but that seemed like the best place to start...just somewhere to contain wallets and phones really!
Am I searching in vain? Barking up the wrong tree?
Any help, advice or pointers gratefully received.  

Thanks,

Guy

Ps
I'll attempt to attach a photo of what I'm on about...

"berlingo breaking" on ebay, place in Sheffield who breaks vans and taxis and others on there as well
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-CITROEN-B...3aa373514a
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to finny for this post
Looking at your picture it must fit into a three seats across van with central seat removed, yes? With the 2 seat version space between seats would be narrower. The roll top box comes as standard on XTR & some vans but you will also need part that fixes to floor that box clips onto.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post
I've got the XTR with the roll-top storage box. It looks like it may be the same piece on the floor - it has two cupholders at each end (four in total). The storage box allegedly just clips in, although I haven't tried removing it yet.

As said by Opensauce, it's much narrower than the one shown, but it's very tall. I've currently got 4 1L bottles in mine.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
(22-03-2015, 07:45 AM)finny Wrote:  "berlingo breaking" on ebay, place in Sheffield who breaks vans and taxis and others on there as well
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-CITROEN-B...3aa373514a

That's a great resource, thanks for the tip!
(22-03-2015, 09:12 AM)Opensauce Wrote:  Looking at your picture it must fit into a three seats across van with central seat removed, yes? With the 2 seat version space between seats would be narrower. The roll top box comes as standard on XTR & some vans but you will also need part that fixes to floor that box clips onto.

Thanks, I think I do need to check the free space between seats is the same in a two seat Multispace vs a three seat van with the middle one removed.
(22-03-2015, 05:05 PM)doofer Wrote:  I've got the XTR with the roll-top storage box.  It looks like it may be the same piece on the floor - it has two cupholders at each end (four in total).  The storage box allegedly just clips in, although I haven't tried removing it yet.

As said by Opensauce, it's much narrower than the one shown, but it's very tall.  I've currently got 4 1L bottles in mine.

Ah, ok - that's one to look out for too, thanks for the info!
I'd check the price of box & mounting from your local Citroen dealer parts dept. A breaker may want almost as much after you have paid postage.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post
(23-03-2015, 07:27 AM)Opensauce Wrote:  I'd check the price of box & mounting from your local Citroen dealer parts dept. A breaker may want almost as much after you have paid postage.

Good point, I'll check that out as well.