Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAB radio
My second hand Multispace came with DAB and a remote but with no instructions.The salesman did say forget it using it. I did fiddle and get it going and got used to it.The remote battery went and I lost the stations. Is it worth hassling with probably a new remote. I mainly use Five Live and a local bbc channel. Any instructions about,Youtube etc, to help me make up my mind. The remote is Citroens own i.e their logo is on it.
I had never heard of it, I googled it and found out about it, and I went on youtube and found fitting and set up instructions, were they not helpful?, sounds like you got an autodab ct1, I did read it comes with remote but also about using preset 6 on your radio to tune it, hidsons offer two units http://www.hidsons.co.uk/citroen/news/ci...o-upgrade/
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]
A new one on me too - it sounds like it may be an aftermarket part with a Citroen sticker on the remote...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJoy03gYLs

There are other styles of aerials too.

Is this what the remote looks like?  With a Citroen badge super-glued on!...

This is kit ADL-CT1, from the various options available for my reg no here...

http://www.autodab.com/product/productWizard.aspx
I had a DAB radio fitted in my new Berlingo (December 2014). Frankly, I am not thrilled with it and will be talking to the dealer about it. Yes, the control is so fiddly I find it almost impossible to change the station when I'm driving. It tends to lose the signal, too, and there is some fault because the FM reception is badly affected by the DAB, I think. A shame, because a change to DAB is on the horizon for all of us, so I believe it is worth persevering with. BTW, the instruction leaflet is hopeless!
I suspect that DAB itself is the problem, not your radio.

There's no date for FM switch-off, and I hope it will never happen. There's been plenty of debate about it. Portable and mobile radios are a big problem, also due to signal strength but also battery life, due to all the decoding processing that's needed. I think it's pretty much accepted that DAB is often inferior sound quality to FM too, mainly due to the low bitrate used for DAB. In fact it's impossible for DAB to sound as good as FM in most aftermarket fits, as the DAB is decoded and output into the existing car radio as an FM signal anyway.

We jumped the gun and rolled out DAB, but the countries that held back have been able to launch DAB+ more recently, which is better quality at a given bitrate.

Fewer than 50% of new cars currently have DAB, so I'd expect an outcry if they try and switch off FM in the next 10 years or so.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsb...dline.html

It's looking more like DAB in the UK may be dying before it got going.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
also worth noting the kenwood dab in my van has powered dab aerial and works great, my bosses vw transporter with the same head unit and non powered aerial is rubbish and hes switched it to fm only
[Image: 2dedca76-4da1-4bd2-aea1-452ddda68256.jpg]
Not like that doofer, remote v.small about 2.5in long by 1.5 in wide. No super glue -regular Citroen button in the middle.