Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo: MyWay navigator TMC is not functioning
Hello,

I have a new 2014/15 Berlingo Multispace e-HDi 92 BMP6 fitted with the integrated MyWay navigator.

The problem with its TMC receiver is that it is not working. In automatic position it wil not show any TMC sender stations and in manual position it is not possible to move the curser to the field where to input TMC sender!

Do you think that the MyWay requires a firmware update or what can be the problem?

Best regards
Kenneth M
Finland, Helsinki

ps. The cardealer has no idea how to fix the problem.
hi. don't no much about this , but does your antenna work in your countries system. might be different , it's known not to work in other countries............just a thought
.......p.s. usb firmware update may also help..................cheers
Can you receive Yle Radio Suomi on your FM radio? That's the station that the TMC information is broadcast with. If you can receive it on the radio then the separate TMC radio receiver should be able to receive TMC info.

The sat nav will need to know that it's in Finland, so it knows what station to tune to.
(27-03-2015, 03:44 PM)doofer Wrote:  Can you receive Yle Radio Suomi on your FM radio?  That's the station that the TMC information is broadcast with.  If you can receive it on the radio then the separate TMC radio receiver should be able to receive TMC info.

The sat nav will need to know that it's in Finland, so it knows what station to tune to.

Hi,

Yes, I can receive our official state radio "Yle Radio Suomi" with the FM radio in my Berlingo but I don´t receive any TMC infos.
Hi,

I now got an answer from the TMC-operator Mediamobile (for France, Germany, Poland, Scandinavia and Baltic countries) that Citroen/France has not done with them a TMC-agreement for using in Finland!
Oh yes - they do need payment of a licence fee. Perhaps they haven't noticed that you joined the EU 20 years ago!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to doofer for this post
(30-03-2015, 07:38 PM)doofer Wrote:  Oh yes - they do need payment of a licence fee.  Perhaps they haven't noticed that you joined the EU 20 years ago!

I got an answer from the TMC provider in the Nordic countries Mediamobile (they also provide TMC services in France, Baltics, Poland and several other European countries) that Citroen factories in France has not done any TMC agreement for Finland.

Perhaps Citroen in France still believe that Finland is practically part of former USSR or mr. Putins new RussiaSmile
Visit Russia before Russia visits you !
[Image: 24g96ie.jpg]