Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cigar lighter and 12 v socket not working
Hi guys as above the cigar lighter and 12v socket on myy 05 berlingo are not working. I've checked the f22 fuse, which is 20 amps and it appears to be ok, today I took the surround from the handbrake and gear stick and the two certainly have wires going to them.(but presumably no power)
The 12v has just 2 wires, I presume one is power and the other earth, and the 12v has 4 or 5 wires going to it. So, I'm a bit unsure about what they all are for. Is it likey that both the 12v socket and cigar lighter have broken themselves?, or is there something else im overlooking?
My interior light works, my passenger side mirror is manually adjusted, but there is a button for electric adjust, im not sure if the van originally had an electric passenger mirror as i've only bought it... if it should have, could that be a reason for the power output problems??I understand the fuse controls the cigar lighter interior light and electric mirrors...
I can only suggest you check the redundant mirror wiring is isolated & check live side of fuse for power.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Hi ron, had a look at the mirror today as im wanting to replace it eventually, and found this behind the door card, -

suppose step one is to insulate them all and see what happens?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
no joy Sad

EDIT: A little premature perhaps, have taped up all the wires and now the 2v socket seems to work, but not teh cigarette lighter, it's well used so im going to order a new one and try to fit it and see what happens....