Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen washer problem- BSI module?
I have recently bought a 1.9d Multispace 2001. The windscreen washer is not working. There is no sound when its turned on. I cannot find anywhere which states which fuse it is to check it. I am also struggling to locate the motor. I have checked elsewhere on forum and related posts have just confused me! Any help would be appreciated.
The washer pump is fixed into the side of the washer bottle which is in the offside front wing. You need to take off the inner wing liner and I think the container is held on by 2 bolts. If you have a rear washer as well make a note of which pipe goes on which outlet on the pump. Check for power down at the pump if ok more than likely the washer pump.
The only fuses I can find relating to the washers is in engine bay fuse box F1 20 A fuse headlight washer,
internal fuse box F22 20A fuse rear wiper motor and F24 20A fuse front wiper motor.
When you remove the pump check condition of the sealing washer and replace as its a pain if it leaks.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Thanks, I'll try and locate in the morning!
I have finally located the fuse. It is in the BSI unit fuse box. The fuse is fine. I'm thinking the problem is with the BSI unit itself needing resetting as other problems appear to be related- central locking doesn't work (I presume it does have central locking)and rear wiper also not working. Both of these fuses are on BSI. I also recall the previous owner saying he did disconnect battery at one point which can make a reset necessary. I have looked into it and found these instructions-
http://www.citroenownersclub.co.uk/bsi-reset.html

I'm a bit hesitant to do it just in case I cause more problems. Is there anyone out there who can reassure me?