Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop Links - Febi / Meyle or other
Hi,

I need to change the droplinks on my B9. I can find the following makes. Any recommendation what to go for? I am tempted by the Meyle HD, or Febi?

Unbranded £11.50 pair ebay
Febi Prokit [fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- £25 pair  http://www.allgermanparts.co.uk/[/font]
[fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meyle HD £24.41 pair ebay[/font]
[fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ocap £21.04 pair ECP[/font]
[fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TRW £35.32 pair ECP[/font]
I have fitted most brands to mine in the last 45k miles and so far Quinton Hazel have been the most reliable, apart from originals of course but they are £45 each.. ouch.
(09-04-2015, 10:44 PM)cascas Wrote:  Hi,

I need to change the droplinks on my B9. I can find the following makes. Any recommendation what to go for? I am tempted by the Meyle HD, or Febi?

Unbranded £11.50 pair ebay
Febi Prokit [fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- £25 pair  http://www.allgermanparts.co.uk/[/font]
[fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meyle HD £24.41 pair ebay[/font]
[fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ocap £21.04 pair ECP[/font]
[fon‌t=Archivo Narrow, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TRW £35.32 pair ECP[/font]

I replaced original after 100Kkm with plastic ones, brand MOOG , Runnig for 20Kkm everything ok.
They were 5 Euro higher than metal one the same manufacturer. Price for 2 was 25 Euro
 I was skeptic about plastic, but,  let's try and see Smile
My originals lasted 7 years the only thing it failed the mot on, just chucked pair of ocap on her 7 months down the line one of the boots is starting to split. So my personal choice would be to buy the more expensive higher quality brand ones.
I'm pretty sure you can get whiteline after market one's for about £110. Depends on how much you wanna go nuts on handling...
(13-04-2015, 10:24 PM)kung fu dude Wrote:  I'm pretty sure you can get whiteline after market one's for about £110. Depends on how much you wanna go nuts on handling...

I don't think the drop links will alter your car's handling no matter how much you spend on them, they'll certainly lighten the handling on your wallet at £110 though Big Grin Whatever aftermarket ones you buy they will all probably be made in the same factory and put in different boxes.
So where does this bit go then ?
In Portugal citroen has a 50% discount in time belt kit, drop links, brakes and more parts. With that discount i buy original drop links very cheap.
Ouch £110 thats a lot of dough for drop links for a van!