Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi function display
My multi function display has gone very dim, is it just as simple as changing the bulbs or is it something more serious?
& if it is just bulb related which bulbs are they & can they be upgraded to LED's?
Generally just the bulbs, had to do mine and they were 286 bulbs. The heater controls use same ones too.

You can get either incandescent or LEDs for these.

Probably should note the bulbs are clear and theres an orange film to give it the colour..makes it a bit more fiddly of you want to colour change.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Evilsamo for this post
(19-04-2015, 01:08 PM)Evilsamo Wrote:  Generally just the bulbs, had to do mine and they were 286 bulbs. The heater controls use same ones too.

You can get either incandescent or LEDs for these.

Probably should note the bulbs are clear and theres an orange film to give it the colour..makes it a bit more fiddly of you want to colour change.

Do they just pull out of the holder?  I'm presuming they are similar to the 501 capless bulbs.
Yes they just pull out the holder just like the 501 but smaller the hard bit is pulling the display apart
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post
Ok I've changed the bulbs and only one is working so I'm assuming that the unit is knackered, do any other units fit or do I have to get the same one?
Are you sure the bulb holders are making contact correctly and if you took the bulbs out of their holders and replaced them are they seated properly. There is a thread on here somewhere that shows the different displays that will fit but for the life of me I cannot find it.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post
(22-04-2015, 08:34 AM)LUCIALIA Wrote:  Ok I've changed the bulbs and only one is working so I'm assuming that the unit is knackered, do any other units fit or do I have to get the same one?

If you used LEDs did you make sure they are the right way round? Theyre polar.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Evilsamo for this post
It would seem that the cheap LED bulbs that I purchased were not all working, I went through the pack until I found three that work. Multi function display now all lit up again.
Glad you got it sorted with out to many problem's
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post