Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Top Gear Berlingo Review
Hello All,

Do you remember this, the Top Gear review of the Berlingo Multi-space. Booze-Cruze to La Belle France.

Great to watch again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NyRrLngm9w

Enjoy
Opps..! Did I say that..! Tongue
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Bill Rose for this post:
  • 3rensho, whitebus
I hadn't seen that. Thanks for the link.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

While I admit Top Gear does have some entertainment value, the continued promotion of loutish behaviour annoys me no end. Reviews by the Top Gear team have become a joke because of their standard prejudices.
Mar 2002 Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D 166,000 miles
Shy I saw the Top Gear show live and already had my Berlingo Van but I was doing the booze-cruze to Franch from the South Coast at the time. Having a couple of days holiday camping in Northern France then doing some shopping on the way home before catching the ferry.
Smile Round about the same time Clarkson did a review on the little Fiat cinquicento sporting... My wife liked the review so much she went out and bought the car. Heart

Top Gear did some good reviews back then Smile
(20-04-2015, 09:37 AM)Bill Rose Wrote:  Round about the same time Clarkson did a review on the little Fiat cinquicento sporting... My wife liked the review so much she went out and bought the car.

Top Gear did some good reviews back then Smile

Strangely enough my daily driver was a Seicento before my Berlingo, surprisingly good little cars, for me to have two Top Gear approved cars on the run is a miracle especially when the 0-60 needs three changes of batteries in the clock to measure it.
Mar 2002 Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D 166,000 miles
I dislike Top Gear but not sure what you guys are smoking. This is a terrible review and exactly the stuff they tried to get away from. There is a reason they do comedy with 50k+ cars and when they talk about boot space they try to fit a mafia corpse in etc. Nobody wants to see this interior introduction that you can find on youtube by random jobbers. Normally Clarkson talks briefly about buttons and interiors while driving around a track or to his waypoint to the challenge. He will say which one don't work or are a bit useless etc... This is basically the type of rubbish Fifth Gear still does and think they are giving a valid feedback and good programing, it's the stuff a 10 year old can do on youtube with a camera.
At least Top Gear never tries to make people believe they are reviewing cars but it's a comedy show with cars. Most other car programs think they are reviewing cars by they are just reading the brochure on live TV.
(19-04-2015, 02:55 PM)Bill Rose Wrote:  Hello All,

Do you remember this, the Top Gear review of the Berlingo Multi-space. Booze-Cruze to La Belle France.

Great to watch again..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NyRrLngm9w

Enjoy

He never actually got him self to drive it.
(21-04-2015, 11:34 AM)doofer Wrote:  I'd bet that lots of people would want to watch a TV programme giving genuine well researched advice about what ordinary everyday car is the best to buy within a particular sector.

No. They wouldn't. They didn't when Top Gear *was* exactly that sort of programme back when William Woolard and Chris Goffee presented it. The most interesting part then was the RAC rally specials they did every year when the rally was on..

I want to be entertained by people doing dumb stuff with cars I'll never be able to afford. That's what Top Gear does, or did well. If I want to know what a car is good at or whether I'll like it, I'll simply go down to the dealer, test drive one, and make my own opinions. I'm not sure why people need to be told what they might and might not like.. go and find out for yourselves!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
2004 Multispace Desire HDi - "Bertie"
Video 
This is a Youtube video Exclamation That has a Top Gear label.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkeq4-8RHwc

It looks like a cartoon Berlingo Racing Van.

Regards Bill
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Bill Rose for this post:
  • Discoverypaul, whitebus