Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearside sidelights, number plate lights & heater lights problem
Hello, having a problem with the lights on my 2005 Peugeot Partner 1.9D. I searched the forum but couldn't find anything about this so making up a thread.

The nearside sidelights, number plate lights & inside heater dial lights are not working at all, I cannot even find a fusebox layout showing where the fuse is for these so i pulled out and checked every fuse and none are blown. Pulled out each of the bulbs also, none blown.

The fusebox layout for my van isn't even in the Haynes manual, completely different fusebox layout. Managed to find the correct layout on the Peugeot website but nothing to be said about the fuse for these lights.

I noticed one of the heater dial lights would be off when i turn on the lights at night, but once I gave the dial a twist back and forth it would come on. Didn't notice anything irregular apart from that.

The offside sidelights work as normal.

Just wondering has anybody else come across this problem before and could hopefully have a solution? As I've seen a few posts about this on the internet and they were never answered.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Hi the first thing is to check find the earthing points for said lights clean them up
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Have you looked at the fuses in the engine bay and also the fuses in the BSI unit next to the interior fuse box.
Are we there yet????? No we fecking ain`t  gggggrrrrrrr
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
according to my fuse box layout the sidelights are fused diagonally, ie front left and rear right sidelights on one fuse and the front right and rear left on another fuse, strange !

On the earlier model vans 96-2001, there was a block connector for the side lights , brake lights, etc under a metal removable panel between the front doors and the rear wheel on both sides If water was present it corroded the connections . It may have been changed or waterproofed in later models , I don't know. Might be worth a look see as there were only two screws holding the panel in.
Thanks for the help. I'll try get working on it this evening and let you's know how i get on.
Checked rear earth points on both sides, no corrosion.
Ran a wire from the working drivers side tail light on (positive terminal) to the passengers side tail light (positive terminal) and checked with phase tester. No light.
Pulled the connecter out of the passenger bulb board and did the same test. Phase tester lit up.
So from this, when trying to jumper from working side to non working side there is some sort of draw. Im puzzled. Where do i go from here? Does anybody know where the earth points are for the front lights?
Sorry Tomcat 3. I checked both fuseboxes, even underneath the engine bay fusebox where the big fuses are and not a single fuse blown.
The earth points are as follows. BSI unit earthed left hand wing LH wing and RH lower A pillar.
LH tail light = under LH unit
RH tail unit = under RH unit
Number plate lights earth through LH tail unit as above.
RH front side light inside RH front wing.
LH front side light as BSI LH wing.
Check the ones in the front nearside wing a few on here have ad problems in this area, and earths at the bottom of the A pillars are behind kick panel trim.
Good luck
Checked the nearside A pillar earth. Looks perfect.

Couldn't find an earth point inside the nearside wing though.
Pulled the plastic down from above the wheel because it looks asif the bonnet & door needs to come off to get at nuts.
Isit accesible or visable from under the bonnet at all?
Have a look at this thread and open up the diagram.